OMG! I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE...MUST STOP CRYING FIRST! LOL!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

OMG! I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE...MUST STOP CRYING FIRST! LOL!

Postby toydiva65 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:21 am

Hi! I'm Edie....just posted on the intro board if you want to peek in and see that I'm really NOT insane. :lol:

My symptoms began a couple of years ago with the mood swings so wild that one minute I was cuddling my DH and the next I wanted to smother him with a pillow for merely BREATHING! My period started "occasionally" coming early, becoming heavier and more painful. Plus, I would just suddenly "overheat" and start throwing off clothing, blankets, sticking my head in the freezer....etc. Luckily, my GYN is pretty young and hip...he asked me, "When did your periods start?" I told him at the age of 10 and he told me it was probably perimenopause. I nearly fell off the table! (Thank God for those styrrups)

Anyways, here I am, two years later and I'm TOTALLY and COMPLETELY losing my mind! My cycle is 25 days now, IF I'M LUCKY. My breasts swell up and deflate constantly, my body aches like I'm 100 years old sometimes, my skin is slowly but surely sliding downward (well, it matches my bottom sliding down my backside), my skin is dry and itchy (even my private parts too!) Intercourse has become painful lately (there's not enough lube in my house right now...lol), I'm lacking libido....right now I'm BURNING UP and sweating.....no wait...cooling down....nah, on fire again (you get the jest) And my moods? Well, let's just say one moment I'm sweet, demure and smiling and the next, my head is spinning clockwise and flames are sahooting out of my ears....I cry during commercials, movies, at McDonalds and I completely convinced my mailman is stealing my mail! (He'll pay....lol)

I have alot of other weird things going on as well.....a nice moustache going on, chin hairs that could put your eye out, tingly feelings in my legs at night (almost like a mild shocking sensation through the bone), night sweats, headaches, bloating, gassy (oh, that's fun) and I could go on and on and on!!!!

Soooo, what do you think ladies? Will I ever stop feeling like this? Or will I end up KILLING my neighbor next time he starts his car at 2:30 in the morning?!! LOL!

As you can tell, I try desperately to handle this with humor....cause if I didn't, I'd be sobbing every moment!!! PLEASE....talk to me and tell me it will get easier!

Thanks in advance!

Edie
toydiva65

Postby CathyW » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:59 am

My dear Edie

Thank you for your humorous posts. You put a smile on my face. :D You have described exactly what I have been going through but I must say I haven't had much of a sense of humor about it. Wish I could tell you that this will end soon but who knows. We need to stick together and get each other through this. Welcome to the board and keep posting!!

Cathy
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

the above messages gave me a smile this morning

Postby Telsa01 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:43 am

My periods stop in November of last year, but I had been having hot flashes and all the rest for a couple of years before. Now the hot flashes are everyyyyyyyyyy night and the mood swings seem to be getting harder to handle. It was glad to read others thoughts on this area of our life. thanks to all :D
Telsa01

Irritable too

Postby newat52 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:31 pm

No, you're not alone experiencing all those symptoms. There are times when I like absolutely NO ONE, even those I hold near and dear. It helps me to know that there's a physical reason why I feel the way I do at those times and that it's not because I've turned into some horrible person. Hang in there. If it gets unbearable why don't you speak with your hip gyno??? Take care.
newat52

Thanks Ladies!

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:11 pm

It's good to hear some other voices out there! It's just odd that at moments when I SHOULD be hysterical (like now, our ONLY car just bit the dust) I'm singing annd happy. Next thing you know, I'll get a papercut and the world as I know it will end! LOL!

Yeah, my GYN says I could try antidepressants to help, but I'm not a drug kinda gal.....plus HRT scares the bajeebers out of me since breast cancer runs in my family. I'm trying to eat better, exercise more and try not to strangle my hubby......it's helping a teeny bit, but I think "girlfriend therapy" may be the best thing right now!

Thanks everyone....hope to hear from more of you! :lol:

Re: Thanks Ladies!

Postby Zero » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:21 am

Anonymous wrote:It's good to hear some other voices out there! It's just odd that at moments when I SHOULD be hysterical (like now, our ONLY car just bit the dust) I'm singing annd happy. Next thing you know, I'll get a papercut and the world as I know it will end! LOL!

Yeah, my GYN says I could try antidepressants to help, but I'm not a drug kinda gal.....plus HRT scares the bajeebers out of me since breast cancer runs in my family. I'm trying to eat better, exercise more and try not to strangle my hubby......it's helping a teeny bit, but I think "girlfriend therapy" may be the best thing right now!

Thanks everyone....hope to hear from more of you! :lol:

Jodie.....I think you showed up as "Guest" because you need to log in when you've been away for a few days. :) The last thing we need here is something to complicate our lives, but that's computers for you! :)

Hope you're feeling more together and I love your "Girlfriend Therapy" comment...... I've always said that Minnie Pauz is every woman's Girlfriend! :)
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause