Do Hot Flushes come and go ??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Do Hot Flushes come and go ??

Postby robinsegg@rogers.com » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:41 am

Hello
Do the hot flushes and night sweats come and go?? I had them for several months, and now for about 3 weeks, they have stopped?? Is this normal??
Thanks robin
robinsegg@rogers.com

Postby colopam » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:29 am

Good Morning Robin!

Somenights I get "the warmies" I don't think they're full fledged hot flashes (power surges) yet and I often wake to sweating and a sweaty pillow (gotta get one of those chillows on this site) but then other times I don't. Of course here in Tampa (ie yesterday) it was hard to tell if it was me or the rise in humidity!!! lol!! I'm not sure but I don't think I have as much of a problem with this when I remember my calcium/magnesium supplement before bed(and yes I can tell a difference in my quality/quantity of sleep if I forget this step!!)
HUgs!!! Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:10 am

Hi Robin,

Perimenopause, like the old TJ Maxx slogan, is 'never the same place twice.' Hot flashes now and gone again later is absolutely normal. I ask a lot of women about their experience, and a report of hot flashes as much as two years ago and none since is not unusual.

You've got to stay light on your feet through this one; go with the flow--or the lack of flow sometimes.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby purple2 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:13 pm

Robin,
I have been getting Hot flashes durring daytime for about 1 and a half years, Off and on. But the Night sweats do come and go too. I have had to keep at least 1 extra T-Shirt by my bed, because I would sweat so much, My shirt would be VERY wet/hair (and underware too). Sometimes I needed 2 T-shirts and a towel, but it starts out at a lower scale then escalates to peak I call it. Then my interuppted sleep leads to depression and no motivation. I end up SUFFERING and DREADING bettime for about a week atraight sometime 2. I have no periods, from my hysterectomy 4 years ago, but Geesh I was TOLD that my ovaries would still work...NOT!! Its amazing what our poor bodies have to go through.
I have gotten sleep anxiety from all this, I get VERY nervose and upset, EVEN on vacation when I can sleep in, I know I will wake up early and uncomfortable. But I know I wont sleep in, so I get upset! I really need to just chill, literally. Yes I can laugh, but my husbamd couldnt even believe how sweaty I was yesterday, I hardly ever used to sweat or be
clammy. Okay, I probably havent helped, But I dont feel so alone now that I found this site. Good Luck Ladies and thank you!~ P2
I used to be cold all the time....
purple2

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause