newbie just looking for support...

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

newbie just looking for support...

Postby suelmc40 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:29 am

Hi everyone. I am new to these forums and have read through so many similar feelings out here that I just had to post something!

I turned 40 in December, but I have had night sweats, insomnia, anxiety, mood swings, you name it, for the past several years. Any time I mention this to my (female) doctor (ok..she's actually a nurse practioner), it's as if she hasn't heard me. She even went as far as to send me to another doctor in the same building, who of course wanted to start me on anti-depressants. I declined.

The last 2 years have been the worst, and the night sweats, although not continuous, have gotten so bad when they do come, I go into the other bedroom to finish my sleep because the sheets and blankets have been soaked in sweat!

My anxiety levels have tripled and I even had an ER visit just before New Years because I thought I was having a heart attack. My pulse and blood pressure, literally out of nowhere, skyrocketed and stayed that way for hours. It scared me! I was sent home with Xanax...

Can someone please tell me why so many doctors refuse to believe that someone my age could be starting perimenopause? I find so many articles online that talk about how early it can start, yet when you go to your doctor, they look at you like you're nuts--and then really make you feel that way by wanting to give you anti-depressants.

I recently started getting these "tremors" in my body. Mostly in my stomach/abdomen area. It feels as though there is a motor running in there. At first I thought my electrolytes may be off, but I knew they couldn't be. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think it's also a symptom of perimenopause?

I hope I haven't rambled too long...thanks for having this forum out here to "vent"! :D
suelmc40

Postby Zero » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:31 am

You're welcome to vent and rant about anything here, Sue and hopefully, Dr. Judy will have some comments about why there's still so many docs who don't have a clue about women these days. Personally, I think it's because historically they have depended on the pharm companies to tell them what women are feeling, what the average ages for this and that are, and what medicines and dosages they needed to prescribe for women. Now we're finding out that it was all a big lie that was based on clinical studies done by the pharm co. who paid some doctors to write reports on certain products and results..... oh jeez, I'm getting way in over my head here, but I'm concerned that there's a big mess out there and no one knows how to fix it. We don't know who to trust any more!!

Sorry 'bout that.....hehehe.....Of course, I trust Dr. Judy!! :oops:
Zero

Me too!

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:47 pm

Okay I have the same problem:*( i will be 39 in may and I have been getting worse by the month. I had a vaginal Hysterectomy in june 2001 and kept my ovaries, so they are supposed to work, but I have about 30 out of the 35 symptoms. I even started having ringing in my ears and heart Papitations and no ambition...Nevermind the 3 t-shirt nights with me lying on a towell so my sheets dont have to be changed everyday. I have NO period anymore, so I dont know what in the worlld is going on and Im crazy. I never had PMS before, but when I get really stressed I get very cranky and edgy and now I get those shock/twitchy feelings. Luckily I dont have these symptoms all the time, its a wave, it peaks then goes away, then about 6-8 weeks later its starts, escalades and boom, gone. But lately ALL DAY fLASHES, clammy, 2 showers the other day. I have a big family so I cant keep that up(1 husband, 1 daughter, 3 sons, and my mom).
I do have a thing I do before I go out somewhere, I put deoderant on my arm pits and then my back between my sholders, where the heat all starts. I even have sleep ANIETY waay over the top. Its late right now and Im reall stressed out. Even on vacation I get this way. Because I know I wont get a good nights sleep.
Sorry to go on, but I am SO GLAD Someone sent me this site. Thanks for listening...Im soo tired of feeling abnormal, I dont feel so alone anymore :lol: ~ P2

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause