Another period?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby CathyW » Tue May 03, 2005 8:49 am

Hi Pam

Just wanted to let you know that I have read the book cover to cover and plan on doing so again. It was very informative. Going for a second opinion but couldn't get into this gyno until July. I will be well informed and ready with many questions this time!! Thanks again and hope all is well with you.

Cathy
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Tue May 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Cathy W
I'm glad that you got the book so quickly. My thoughts and prayers have been with you, remember to keep breathing and be gentle with yourself. I've found that it's better if I write down my questions and prioritize them and not to leave the dovc's until they are all answered. I have a friend that took another friend with her just in case she got too emotionally distracted etc. while at the docs, I've gone with my MIL to interprete what the docs tell her (a bit of medical background has put her at ease many times) . Just thoughts, keep me up to date.

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby CathyW » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:17 am

Hi Pam!
I thought I would just post an update. Finally got into the gyno for my second opinion(brought my well-read book with me!!) I am much happier with this dr. She is quite willing to try other options besides hysterectomy but first wants me to undergo a hysteroscopy and d&c to make sure there is nothing else going on. I have agreed to this and will be getting it done on Aug 25 and after those results will decide which way to go. Thanks again for your help. Will let you know what happens.

Cathy
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:13 pm

Thanks for the update, Cathy! This really shows how talking about these things with other women, getting support (like Pam sending the book), having Dr. Judy listening to us and knowing there are people who understand can go a long way in getting through some tough decisions. I just read from your very first post and you sound much more in control and calmer. :) I hope everything goes well, no matter what decision you make!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby CathyW » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:02 pm

Thanks Dee for the best wishes. I am feeling more calm about things although there still are days I must admit I am still a little freaked out about this thing growing inside me but hey at least there is a reason why this tummy won't go away :D

Cathy
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:25 pm

Cathyw
I'm glad that things seem to be going better (ie a doc that cares), and I know firsthand that at least being "in the know" helps. My DH freaked the first time he felt my abdomen and felt my larger fibroid (that was 20 pounds ago, I kind of lost the drive to exercise after my myomectomy but am getting back into it now) . I was glad to see your post, let us know how things go and remind us before Aug. 25th so we can continue to keep you in our thoughts.

HUgs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby CathyW » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:31 pm

Well tomorrow is the day!! :shock: OK getting a little nervous now but I'm sure I will be just fine. I haven't had a general anaesthic in years! Any positive thoughts my way would be greatly appreciated :!:
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:53 am

Our thoughts are with you today, Cathy!! You're gonna do great!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:19 am

Cathy w
You'r in my thoughts and prayers girl!!

Keep us posted!

Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby CathyW » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:27 pm

Dee and Pam thank you for your well wishes! After going all night and morning without anything to eat or drink I arrived at hospital onlt to be told that my surgery must be cancelled!! Problem with air quiality in OR and not able to sterilize. OK I know its best not to be in there then BUT I was so mentally ready to get this done and over with!! Now it is suppose to happen on Sept 15 so I have about another 3 weeks to think about it!! Thank you both again for your well wishes it trulely means alot to me

Cathy
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:43 pm

Well, Cathy....supposedly, everything happens for a reason! :) Keep a positive attitude in the next 3 weeks and try not to worry!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:52 am

Keep breathing! Best to have everything at it's optimum best! Just another case of hurry up and wait! If possible go have a nice massage or facial or pedicure/manicure day. Take some of the stress off! Keep us updated girl we care! Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby CathyW » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:58 pm

Just an update...finally got the hysterscopy and d&c done today. So glad it is over with. Have to wait and see what Dr thinks should be done next. Didn't get a chance to speak to her afterwards. Hopefully everything else checked out ok. Doing alright tonight..just tired and a little crampy. Thanks again for your good thoughts!!

Cathy
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:28 pm

Hugs to you girl!!

Keep us posted! Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause