Night Time Anxiety Anyone?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

anxiety

Postby susie girl » Mon May 23, 2005 10:29 pm

I also suffer from anxiety and have purchased the Linden method which has helped me a great deal. The next time you have an anxiety attack don't try to fight it ,instead let it come and go. Anxiety is fear of fear. All of the horibble physical and emotional symptoms are caused by ourselves. When you are having an anxiety attack tell yourself to give you the worst attack you could have and that you are not afraid because you know you are not going to die or pass out . Don't be afraid of your anxiety and don't dwell on it , instead divert your attention to something else. After purchasing the Linden method, I could feel an anxiety attack coming on at work and instead of fighting it I said to myself ,okay give me the worst attack ever I know nothing is going to happen to me .The more I did this, the less attacks I had. The moment I controlled them, the more they lost their power.
susie girl

Postby colopam » Tue May 24, 2005 7:58 am

Susie
Sounds ok and I can understand the concept AND as I work VERY closely with the public and my last one was rather extended I had a VERY akward day, can't hide away and let it happen and the more people (esp. coworkers) ask and wonder what's up/how can I help/are you ok the worse it got then the weepies. Yes, I could go home but driving would not have been really the best thing to do at that time and on delivery day we need all hands on deck as we are doing a terrific turnaround. It would be nice (just thinking) to be able to schedule these at a "more opportune" time but unfortunately that's one of the things out of our hands, make the best of it and breathe deeply as when we take shallow breaths our body goes into fight or flight mode and thinks we're going to die, BUT if deep breaths are taken the body at least know that it still has a chance to live.

Anyway Big Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

anxiety

Postby drozeys » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:53 am

Anxiety is one of my worst symptoms. I have become agoraphobic. I have to work from home and I still stuggle to keep up. I have been checked out medically and I guess Im fine? Other than feeling like Im inside this body that has been taken over by an alian. I take ativan when I need to and it really helps but I dont really want to be taking something like this to live. I feel chemically imbalance and dont know where to start to help myself. I eat right , get plenty of rest but to no avail. I have tried biotanical hormones which made me feel worse. My worst anxiety is while sleeping is this normal?
drozeys

Postby drjudy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:38 pm

Anxiety is common at this time of life, but anxiety so profound that it keeps you stuck inside your home and feeling like you're sharing your body with an alien is quite a load to deal with! I certainly appreciate your wish to keep it natural and unmedicated, but anxiety is a real chemical imbalance as life-changing as diabetes. The occasional Ativan is hardly the kind of therapy that can return your life and energy to you. Please consider discussing the possibility of more appropriate treatment with your doctor.

In a survey of persons suffering from severe anxiety disorders, the general feeling was that anxiety is more debilitating than cancer.

I hope you're able to work out a program that allows you to be yourself again.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Yes, the anxiety attacks are part of my pattern too

Postby hnasc » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:35 am

I can definitely identify with this. I was waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes from a sound sleep but more often from fitful sleep, with sudden, inexplicable feelings of anxiety. I'd find myself panicked and not know why.

This particular symptom has died down since I started taking pregnenolone but, as I mentioned in another post, I've had problems with that too because is a precurser for several different hormones and eventually, I think it made one or the other go too high because I began experiencing different symptoms.

However, I'm thrilled to say that the joint pain, night sweats and anxiety attacks have decreased markedly since using the pregnenolone, even though i've stopped taking it to let my body balance.
Whose body is this and what did they do with mine?
hnasc

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause