Great, now I have sciatica!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Great, now I have sciatica!

Postby maebear » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:23 am

I got sciatica with all of my pregnancies, especially in the beginning of them. I used to sit on the floor to fold laundry and get stuck. I'd have to yell and bang on the floor so my husband would come pick me up. ugh. Well, now it's back. It started during our car trip to Florida and hasn't let up for three weeks. Has anyone else been similarly afflicted?

I am so over these symptoms.
Tracy
maebear

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:40 am

a BIG YES to that!

Postby drjudy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:34 am

Hi Tracy,

You may also have hip bursitis from prolonged sitting in the car. What are your symptoms like?

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby maebear » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:59 pm

Hi Dr Judy!
My symptoms were exactly the same as they were when I was pregnant. I took a day off from the gym last Friday and rested (when I say rest I mean gym rest, I have 5 kids in the house!) and it has gotten better over the last week. When it was bad, I could hardly sit on my left cheek and the pain went all the way to my knee.

Now that I have you attention I have to thank you for helping me peel myself off the ceiling. I knew something was different for about a year now but I got slammed with symptoms in November. It wasn't until I found this site that I realized what was going on with my body. I played out every nightmare scenario, and almost lost my foothold in reality. Somedays are better/worse than others but knowing what this is, and being informed, is half the battle. Thank you, thank you!

Did I just gush? :)
Tracy
maebear

Postby maebear » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:00 pm

And by the way, next year, we are FLYING!javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
maebear

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause