itching

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

itching

Postby stardust » Fri May 06, 2005 2:54 pm

Heare ye, heare ye, or yeeee !! Itching. If you have itching, like I have had for the last year, consider that it might not be "allergies". Mine was only cured by Progesterone cream twice a day. Stop the cream the itching starts again.
I was baffled and exhausted by this itching which also caused insomnia. Finally I found a research paper on the web that associated Progesterone with myeline sheath repair. The loss of myeline sheath can cause itching in the beginning and even sharp pains as this syndrome progresses.
Also I found articles that stated that menopause can cause symptoms that mimic fibromyalgia, such as nerve plinging, zinging and stabbing pain.
I am writing this so that if there is anyone else out there having this
horrible symptom they can try the Progesterone cream and get relief.
Lastly, I found that some creams work better than others. The best
were found in health food stores and were all natural.
stardust

Postby Zero » Fri May 06, 2005 3:02 pm

That's some great research you've done there, stardust....thanks for sharing it with us!! I'm glad you found something that really helps that itching!
Zero

Postby drjudy » Sat May 07, 2005 3:42 pm

Interesting post, Stardust, thanks for sharing. There are several other postings on chronic pain--abdominal and pelvic--recently found on the forum. I wonder if this solution might be helpful. I am unfamiliar with this research.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause