Spotting/Period????

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Spotting/Period????

Postby dimples » Sun May 15, 2005 1:03 pm

Hi, I am new to this board and very glad its here. I am 50 years old and have been experiencing a lot of the symptoms listed. I was so happy to hear about others experiencing the anxiety part-----I was thinking I was going crazy with all the new emotions and worries I have been having, especially in the last year. My question is: My periods have been so regular the past 5 or so years (24 to 28 days). I have also experienced the light and heavy periods, along with the starting and stopping during this time also. I think during that time, I may have missed only one. Now all of a sudden, I think I may have missed 2. If I am to count days, it would be day 60 for me today. But the strange thing is that on day 28 of both cycles(?) I have had some very light, light, spotting that is barely noticeable, that might happen 2 to 3 times during a 2 day period. Is this a period, or not? I had to have some x-rays done, and when they asked me what day of my cycle I was in, I wasn't really sure on how to answer. Also, does this mean I am nearing the end? Thanks in advance, and I'm so glad I found this board..... I am going to forward it to all my friends and sisters.
dimples

Postby Relevant » Sun May 15, 2005 1:33 pm

Welcome Dimples,
The same thing happens to me. Some of my periods were just spotting for a few days and then nothing until it was time for another period or I bleed very heavily. I think it is a period but there was just not a big build up of the lining in the uterus because of lack of estrogen. Bear in mind this is my laymans answer. But as to do we count that as a period when we are figuring what day of our cyle we are in is a good question. I would guess yes. I hope Dr Judy sees this because I would like to know too.
Relevant
Hot Pauzer

Postby Guest » Sun May 15, 2005 5:28 pm

Also check out the topic "Was that my period?" that is also in Peri-menopause and appears 2 down below your topic. Dr Judy answers someone elses post about the same thing.

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause