Is it really the start of my change??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Is it really the start of my change??

Postby menstralwinds » Mon May 30, 2005 3:24 pm

Hello, I am new.

I am a 41 year old female. About a year and a half ago, I saw a doctor for massive PMS issues. At that time, he told me that I was starting my change. I read the 35 symptoms and have a lot of them. The night sweats are awful, the period before my period, is emotionally toiling on me as well as during my period. I feel very depressed and sad and weepy. Though my periods are normal still, they either start out very heavy and slow up, or they start out slow and wind up heavy when I should be stopping. The cramps are sometimes leveling. Last month, a week after I stopped, my period, I spotted for a couple of days and didn't know what that meant. Help, I do not know if I am just another raving PMS'er or if this is really happening. I am a fairly new relationship of 2.5 months, and just trying to keep everything together mentally, emotionally and physically. People tell me that I am also too young and think I am just making more out of what is really going on. HELP! I would really like some input......
menstralwinds

Postby drjudy » Mon May 30, 2005 9:05 pm

You do sound like you're in early perimenopause, which can be a rough time, both physically and emotionally. Read through some of the other posts on this forum and know that you are not over-reacting, this is just the pits!

Your doctor should be able to help you with some options (low-dose birth control pills, cycled progesterone, antidepressants perhaps just used premenstrually, etc.) that can put you back in control. It's miserable, but it doesn't have to be life-altering. Raving PMS is part of the whole business, it is really happening and you are not whining unnecessarily.

I hope your new honey will support you emotionally. It's a tough time for the highs and lows of new love.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby menstralwinds » Tue May 31, 2005 4:04 pm

Thanks Dr. Judy......This website is amazing. One more question though. Is it normal to have heavy clumping?? I mean the clots are sometimes really big???

Your answer is very much appreciated
menstralwinds

Postby drjudy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:31 pm

It is common to have this type of bleeding, although I don't suppose huge clots could ever be considered normal. Cycled progesterone (used in the last 1/2 of your cycle before your period stops) could decrease the flow. If this keeps up, discuss possible therapies with your doctor.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby marcielynn » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:53 pm

I hear ya! I've been trying to deny this for a little while now but I don't think I can. Nor should I. It, like everything else in life, has to be dealt with.

Thank God for places like these boards :)
marcielynn

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:26 am

You're not alone, marcielynn!!! Just remember that!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause