Not sure if i belong here!!!!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Not sure if i belong here!!!!!

Postby Cherrykittygirl » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:22 pm

I have been over on the great site hystersisters those ladies have helped me alot!!! :D however i have not had a hysterectomy so i'm not sure if anybody over here can help me a bit better~ here is the short form of my story, period issues all my life, worsened after tubal-ligation, dealt with horrible periods with severe cramps, heavy bleeding etc etc. for 10 years, found a new gyno he discovered 2 cysts one lemon size was a dermoid the other golf ball size was fluid filled, so while removing those he also removed the 1 ovary that was damaged from the drmoid cyst plus i had a uterine ablation, this was on May 9th 2005 and i still feel terrible both physically and mentally but the worst is the mentally :evil: i range from hellish witch woman that wants to kill everyone, to a crying little baby, my hormones have never been so bad in my life!!!!! I also have more zits ono my face then a teenage boy, never have zits before what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Cherrykittygirl

Postby drjudy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:28 pm

Dear Cherry,

Your estrogen levels may have dropped abruptly after your surgery, leaving you with a relatively greater effect from your testosterone. Low estrogen and high testosterone influence would account for your symptoms.

It's been a month since your surgery. If things don't settle down soon, talk to your doctor. Perhaps you two can work out a way to rebalance your hormones.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

thanx Dr. Judy

Postby cherrykitty » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:14 pm

Thanx for replying, we are doing a few more tests this week and hopefully will find a middle ground~ i was sure that all my symptoms pointed to low progesterone not low estrogen, how can you tell the difference?
*~Cherrykitty~*
cherrykitty

Postby drjudy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:31 am

I know the late Dr. John Lee felt that multiple symptoms could be attributed to low progesterone. From my experience, I think the main symptom of low progesterone are heavy, clotty periods, at least when low progesterone accompanies high estrogen. The lack of progesterone in the context of too much estrogen probably contributes to anxiety and sleep disturbances as well.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause