Yep, I think it's the right spot for me too...

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Yep, I think it's the right spot for me too...

Postby marcielynn » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:50 pm

I'm 38 and have been trying to downplay the symptoms for a year or so. But, now I'm convinced that this is EXACTLY what's happening.

I look forward to talking with you all :)
marcielynn

Postby colopam » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:59 pm

You'll find alot of help and support here. Be sure to tour around the site, read around the posts, alot of your questions can be answered here!! Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Re: Yep, I think it's the right spot for me too...

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:13 pm

marcielynn wrote:I'm 38 and have been trying to downplay the symptoms for a year or so. But, now I'm convinced that this is EXACTLY what's happening.

I look forward to talking with you all :)

There are lots of us who started early, Marcielynn. My periods completely stopped when I was 40 or 41, so I HAD to be going through peri at 38! At that time though (15-16 years ago) no one was talking about this stuff.

If you can find out if female family members also went through the change fairly early, that would be a hint. Also, if you smoke, that can bring it on a year or two early. ( I smoked for 43 years....have stopped since June 1 of this year)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby marcielynn » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:11 pm

No smoking for me.

I asked my grandma and she said hers stopped at 52. I need to call both my aunts on my mother's side and ask. My mother is gone so I can't ask her :(
It is always necessary to leave some part
of cooking to improvisation. - Paul Bocuse
marcielynn

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:51 am

marcielynn wrote:No smoking for me.

I asked my grandma and she said hers stopped at 52. I need to call both my aunts on my mother's side and ask. My mother is gone so I can't ask her :(

You probably should schedule an appointment and have a checkup, letting the doctor know what you've been experiencing. With all the information together, they can find out what is the likely cause.

Let us know what you find out, ok? Hang in there!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause