Can you help me Dr. Judy?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Can you help me Dr. Judy?

Postby rjeareby » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:16 pm

I had posted earlier but will do it again. I am desperately in need of some advice and have worried & worried that something really bad is wrong. I have seen several Dr's for years, none really helping me. Been on and off of so many harmone things that didn't work or made things worse. The past couple of Dr's have told me it is stress and tried to get me on SSRI's, but none have worked or I have had reactions to them. It has been a constant battle for over 7 years, this past year being the worst. I am 42, moved here and had alot of issues from the move that tripled my stress zone. Had health issues from a scare with my heart, herniated discs in my neck, which I am getting injections for and a battle with ups and downs of what I truly feel are harmones. My pharmacist is so caring and progesterone cream has helped. But the past few months, I have been so out of wack. We just did another saliva test and are waiting results. I hope that helps alot this time. In the meantime I think my ulcer has flared up and I am trying to treat it with Prilosec. I feel it is one thing after another and it never ends. Some days I have a hard time getting enough energy to work. I have had alot of tests run, but maybe they have missed something. My symptoms are night and day sweats, fatigue, aching alot, headaches, menstral periods that are 20 - 35 days, some 1 day, some 6??, worring all the time, little sleep, having a hard time concentrating, etc. Please help me.
julie
rjeareby

Postby colopam » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:49 pm

Julie
Be sure to post on "Ask The Professional" as well. I don't have any answers but I 'll keep you in my thoughts!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:40 pm

Dear Julie,

I have posted an answer to you on 'ask the professional.' You do sound like you're going through the mother of all perimenopauses which often includes a lot of anxiety. Feeling like you've been a star in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," and fluctuating levels of estrogen certainly contribute to anxiety as well.

Perimenopause is never the same place twice--each cycle brings some new adventure in bad body feelings. Try not to get stuck in worry over any one new symptom. Perhaps keeping a journal about how you're feeling will help you pinpoint the things that are most interfering with your ability to function and that persist over time. I'm glad your pharmacist is helpful--might that person suggest a sympathetic doctor who could ride this wild course with you?

Good luck, I'm glad you've found our supportive little corner of cyber-space here.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause