Driving me crazy!!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Driving me crazy!!!

Postby enough already » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:17 pm

I just turned 45 in June. Have had the hot flashes, crawling skin, extreme mood swings - worse than PMS - ringing in the ears, on so on. My periods have always been very regular - maybe a day fluctuation here and there - last "normal" one (in December/January) was the usual - very heavy, cramps, flooding etc. After that one, I did not have anything resembling a period for three months or so. In May, I had what may have been a period - very very light - no cramping at all. Then in June, I had a bit of a flood (SURPRISE - again no cramps), that lasted a few hours, then back to extremely light off and on for about 10 days. Then it stopped for about a week - now I'm getting spotting again with what feels like ovulation pain (I used to get quite bad discomfort during ovulation). Do you still ovulate while not necessarily getting "proper" periods? I don't know what the heck is going on. I spoke to my doctor and she agreed it sounded like peri-menopause. Anyone else going through this type of thing?
Thanks in advance.
enough already

Postby drjudy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:41 pm

As you slog your way through perimenopause, you can 'dig deep' and come up with a viable egg follicle. If you ovulate with all the attendant hormonal changes that go with it, you will have a period two weeks later. If your ovary is merely stimulated by elevated FSH levels but still can't come up with an egg, you might have pain but you wouldn't have a proper period.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby enough already » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:48 am

Thanks for your reply. Is it also "normal" to be getting these "periods" so often. It's bearly enough to wear any protection, however, I always seems to have some spotting - for the past month anyway. I, too, thought it would just stop one day, not have this constant leaking. It stops for a day or two, then it starts a wee bit again. No wonder I'm always really grumpy.

Thanks for your help.
enough already

Postby Rose52 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:08 pm

Enough,

My last period, about a year ago, last almost 3 months, with light bleeding the whole time. My Gyn did a few tests and a uterine biopsy, which showed I had a fibroid which he said was causing the longer bleeding time, something about less estrogen and the fibroid dying off. I too thought I would have one last period and that would be that but instead it was the 3 months then I haven't had anymore since... thank goodness! I don't like the menopause symptoms but I do like the fact of no more periods, lol. :lol:

Rose
Rose52
Hot Pauzer

Postby enough already » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:58 pm

Thanks Rose. I remember reading somewhere, that some women can go on and on - just like a leaky faucet. Just when you think it can't get much more annoying!!! Maybe I need a hunky plumber to fix my plumbing!!!!!
enough already

Postby Rose52 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:56 pm

Enough,

If that works let me know.... let us all know, lol.

Rose
Rose52
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause