Periods Every 2 to 3 weeks? HELP!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Periods Every 2 to 3 weeks? HELP!!

Postby bixa525 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:09 pm

I am 46 and I know I am peri menopausal because my periods are all over the place. I get them almost every 2 to 3 weeks and sometimes spot in between. This is awful and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this and if you found anything to help stop this irregular bleeding. I was on BC pills about 4 months ago but stopped because my family Dr. thought I was menopausal. I also spotted alot when I was on the pill. Any sugges :cry: tions? I am newly married and I feel for my poor husband. Thanks for any advice.
bixa525

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:26 pm

It sounds like you need to find a new doctor if that's all they've done for you (taking you off the b/c because maybe you were menopausal). Sometimes you have to go back and say "ok, now what?" and let them know that you're not going to settle for feeling totally out of whack....

I think that's what peri-menopausal means...ALL OVER THE PLACE! :) It can be very common and sometimes it can be a problem, but you just have to trust your instincts when you feel something is not right or healthy.

Your doctor should know that you're not menopausal until you haven't had a period for 12 months.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby drjudy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:00 pm

Actually, birth control pills can be a perfect answer to perimenopause for some women. Perhaps the one you were on was too low a dose to control your spotting. Cycled progesterone can also help you get a grip on 'all over the place' bleeding.

I agree with Dee, this is a good moment to assert yourself for some possible remedies to ease the transition.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

PERIODS TOO OFTEN

Postby lynie pause » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:03 pm

Bixa,

I know myself I'm getting very tired of this too having periods sometimes twice a month, I had stabbing twenges in my right ovarie and I knew it was close to my cycle doc. said I had mentalspurtz can't really remember how to spell it but he said sometimes women pass a bit of blood in their f. tubes when they ovulate. Well I had a major one this past few weeks I had twenges then that nite I went to the bathroom and had a flow of blood but then it stoped just as quick as it came. Anymore I just keep things with me for sudden periods......... :oops: :evil: :oops: So I feel for ya..............I was told also that since I was on birth control for very long time it could had thrown me into a earlier one...............but that was told to me so who knows?.....lynie
lynie pause
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause