Feeling terrible

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Feeling terrible

Postby Belles » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:20 pm

Hello haven't been in for a while and had to go back and find my last message to refresh my own memeory of what was going on last time I was here

http://minniepauz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=759

Ok well since then I have had one very heavy period that came 2 weeks early while I was on holiday overseas -- great. Then I didn't have another period for 7 weeks and that was really heavy as well. The next one was normal time frame and normal in flow and I do recall ovulating before it as well. I usually can tell if I ovulate cause I get quite a lot of pain with it for a few hours.

Right now I know another period is due and have that terrible bloated feeling with really tender boobs. I also have a vauge headache which just won't go away and some palpataions and hot suddenly from time to time. (could just be anxiety with worrying what is going on) my vision seems to me not 100% as it was either -- do hormons affect vision?

I have booked to go see my doctor tomorrow but the one I saw last time just dismissed my symptoms as nothing to worry about.

I could do to lose some weight but I am by no means obese.

I guess maybe I just need some reasurance and for someone to say I'm normal. Am starting to feel a little weepy as well on the way home from work but just cause I hate not feeling right.

[/url]
Belles

Me Too!!!

Postby enough already » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:06 pm

Hi Belle. I am feeling the same way. The only difference is that I have been spotting almost constantly since the end of June, with a sudden flood every 4 or 5 days that only lasts a few hours. I have had nothing like a regular period at all for almost 6 months (I had no period for almost 4 1/2 months (I thought YIPPEE!!!) - wrong. I go for an ultrasound in August to check things out - though my doctor is sure it's just the "getting old" thing.
It's pretty hard to feel happy or in a good mood when you have all this "wonky" stuff going on. My doctor prescribed me anti-depressants because I was telling her how I was feeling. I am NOT taking them - yet. There seems to be alot of side effects with them and to be truthful, I am kind of scared to go on meds of that nature.
I can't believe that no-one has ever talked about how really awful this stage of life can be. Maybe there's a reason for that!!!
I really don't have anyone I can talk to about this who has gone through this (younger friends, friends with hysterectomies, mother who has passed on, etc.). Anyway, I kind of rambled here.
I hope you are feeling better.
enough already

Postby minniepauz » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:11 pm

I hope both of you are feeling better today, although this stuff can keep you "down" for quite awhile. Just hang in there and keep trying to find what works for you, what gets you back into "balance". That's the goal. If you have to tell your doctor that you just don't feel like yourself, then do it and let them know you expect them to help you find a solution. No one has to go through this alone, now that there are sites like this one. We're here to support you so keep coming back and letting us know how you're doing!!

Reading about other women going through the same thing (and many times worse) will help you keep your perspective....you're not gonna die from menopause (I know it feels like it sometimes), so just keep in mind how fortunate you are to not have a serious illness. God Bless those of you who DO have an illness....you are usually the ones who complain the least. :)

Reading this page will help you keep your sense of humor: http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby enough already » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:36 pm

I certainly do want to say that I absolutely do know that there are many many people going through absolute horrific times, for various reasons, in their lives right at this moment. Having watched my own mother die of cancer (at the very young age of 63), and looking after her until her last breath - I consider each and every day a blessing. Who knows from one second to the next what may happen to alter your life - you best enjoy it to the fullest right now!!!.
However, when you are feeling down and in a bit of a funk, it is easy to get caught up in your negative feelings.
I agree that laughter is the best medicine. It is also nice to know that there is a place like this where you can share your feelings (and hopefully not to be considered complaining).
enough already

Postby minniepauz » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:09 pm

I didn't mean to criticize anyone's post or comments at all....sometimes I just start writing and want to encourage everyone to hang in there the best they can, but I end up sounding like I'm calling everyone a crybaby or something. I SWEAR I don't mean it that way. :) Each one of us has every right to rant and rave about the injustice of all that we put up with! What's fair about a Mom having hot flashes at the same time her teenage daughter is having pms? :)

Sorry again if I sounded critical. :oops:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Belles » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:14 pm

I made a real effort to get an earlier night lastnight and the head feels a little better at this point this morning. I also found my dietry suppliment calcium and magnessium that I was prescribed by a naturaopath and that is helping a little as well. She told me that it would help with the vague pain of this sort of headach.

Hope to have a better day today and I have that Doctors appointment after work as well.
Belles

Postby drjudy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:19 am

I think the worst part of perimenopause is that there is no really good solution for all the unpleasant physical and emotional changes that come up. Due to unpredictable ovarian activity, it's never the same place twice, so what works one cycle may have no effect on the next.

Finally, and blissfully, beyond that stage, I can reassure you that your body will be returned to your control after your journey through the perimenopausal twilight zone.

Hang in there,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause