Dizziness?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Dizziness?

Postby ChrisChips7 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:13 pm

Does anyone have dizzy spells with this peri/menopause stuff?

I've been having what I think are hot flashes and today was so dizzy I fell in the bathroom

Just wondering if anyone else has this particular symptom.

Thanks
Chris
ChrisChips7

Postby drjudy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:33 am

Dear Chris,

If your hot flashes send your heart racing and leave you weak in the knees, observations reported in an October, 2004 issue of The New England Journal of Medicine confirm that it's not all in your head.

San Diego researchers got a rare opportunity to visualize the vital consequences of a hot flash. In the course of a study investigating the relationship of sleep and stress to hypertension, they hooked their subjects up to a continuous beat-to-beat blood-pressure recording device. One middle-aged female volunteer experienced a hot flash during her monitored session. Her blood pressure promptly dropped by 40 points, a decrease that was accompanied by a significant rise in her pulse rate. These disturbances demonstrate that vasomotor instability--a derangement of the normal balance between pulse and blood pressure--is, in fact, at the heart of a hot flash.*

*see also "What the heck's a hot flash" femailhealthnews.com/newsletterview.cfm?ID=514

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Cece » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:57 pm

Hi Chris,
I posted when I first joined (I don't remember under which topic) about my dizziness. I ended up with balance tests, and a CAT scan it was so bad. It was kind of hard to explain because I wasn't falling down but I was clipping alot of things when I walked! :) My pharmicist said she was so dizzy she wouldn't carry her 2 year old down the stairs. As it happens we both went on Yasmin birth control pills and it has helped tremendously with all of my symptoms. The only downside is a day like today because I just went back on the pill last night after getting my period. I have terrible leg aches and I want to lock myself in the bathroom with a good book-(I am not fit for human company today). I was fine the entire week on the placebo but I guess my body just went one day too long without estrogen. Hopefully, I will be back to myself tomorrow. Anyway-I totally understand the dizziness! Don't let it scare you! I had 8 anxious months trying to get to the bottom of mine!
Take it easy.
Tracy
Cece

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause