No pain today

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

No pain today

Postby MissKaty » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:37 pm

Just an update to last nights feelings. I was up late cause there are nights that I can't sleep so the therapist told me to get up & do something. Anyway, when I went to bed, I had no ovary pain & none today---or, at least, if that's what it is.

I do need to mention to you that I am extremely anxious over nothing. I can sit & wring my hands for no reason. I feel like crying but the tears don't come & it seems I am always afraid of "what if".

On top of this, I think I had mentioned the dental work that I need to have done & I know that by Tues., I'll be a basketcase. I need to have a filling done on Wed. & go back later for 2 others. I had thought he would do it with a laser since he had filled a tooth 4 years ago with the laser & I had no problems. He seemed hesitant about doing it this way now & I have visions of coming home, the numbness wearing off & being in bad pain.

I don't know what to think of all of this as I had been so together about 2 months ago, could handle the office work, had no fears of going in grocery stores, etc. & now all the fears are back. I'm unsure if this is hormonal or if I really do have an anxiety disorder.

I've read some of the posts & seen one where the lady spoke of Xanax. I have a few of those left but am hesitant to use them. One day, I took a half one & could see that I had calmed down somewhat but the Drs. are really hesitant in giving those out. I am wondering if I should call my therapist Mon. & ask about taking one before going to the Dentist on Wed.

I am so sorry to go on & on.....I just feel so alone & need some help, comfort & information. Thanks for all your help.
Wishing all true happiness & the ability to accept what we can't change & help from above to deal with it all.
MissKaty

Postby drjudy » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:30 am

It's unfortunate that doctors tend to undertreat anxiety disorders. Xanax can be a wonderful addition to a therapeutic program for anxiety control. Loss of estrogen makes anxiety worse, either causing or worsening an anxiety disorder. An untreated anxiety disorder begets more anxiety.

I hope that you can work with your doctor to get the help you need. There are dentists too that specialize in working with people who are frightened of dental work.

Do call your therapist and get the help you need!

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause