Think its starting.

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Think its starting.

Postby lennie68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi! I was so glad to find this site. I am 37 years old and think I'm beginning early perimenopause. I have problems sleeping several times a month, my periods have been quite irregular (anywhere from the normal 28 days to 60 days or more), forgetfulness (I'll think of something I want to tell my husband and by the time I get into the next room it is gone), sometimes I feel like my heart is racing, night sweats, and every now and then I'll feel dizzy or lightheaded -- just to name a few. Earlier this year I was really sick with an upper resp. infection and stomach virus (I wasn't sleeping or eating and had lost about 5 pounds) and had blood work done -- everything was fine..thyroid, etc. Once I started feeling better I still had sleeping problems so I got a sleeping pill that I only used for a couple days, until I was back on track. But as I mentioned, I still occassionally have sleepless nights...I have finally decided to just deal with them and usually I sleep pretty well the next night. I had mentioned my irregular periods to my gynie last year and he said to keep a diary and we'd discuss it at my next visit. Again I shared the irregularity with him so he did blood work to test my hormone levels and has since put me on MEDROXYPR to help regulate my periods (he doesn't think I'm in early perimenopause). This is my second month on it. I take it days 15-28 of my cycle. The first month I got my period 7 days after starting it and it lasted 7 days (normally my period are short 4-5 days). So far this month it hasn't come "early". I hope this will help regulate my periods and I feel better knowing this site is here and I am completely comfortable with the fact that I may be entering perimenopause. At least I know I'm not CRAZY nor alone!
lennie68

Postby Ms. Shapen » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:40 am

Hi Lennie:

I've only been at this site a short time, but do you know what I've noticed? The common comment that women who are going through this feel "crazy," - and we all use that very same word!

I'm beginning to believe that those people who feel crazy are the sanest ones. The folks who don't think they are crazy are the one to look out for. :wink: :lol:

FYI, you are NOT alone . . .
Pauz-ing to remember what I was going to do next . . . *sigh* :D
Ms. Shapen
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:09 am

Welcome lennie!! I think one of the important things we're realizing through all this is that our hormones can cause more havoc than we ever imagined and even if we can't put a specific name on what is going on with us, at least we can talk to each other and find enough information to know that most of it is perfectly normal. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause