In denial no more

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

In denial no more

Postby indenial » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:21 pm

At my yrly physical my dr asked to schedule a blood test to determine if I was in menapause. "NO!" It couldn't be that time already. I'm "only" 48!
I denied having symptoms, though I believe I've been having hot flashes for months. Not horrible, but several times a day. He said ok we can wait for the test and proceeded to write the birth control pill prescription.

Turns out he wrote the wrong type and coz it was a holiday weekend had to wait. I didn't want to double up so the pharmacist said I would have to wait until my next period to start up the pills again.

Well, I'm about 4 weeks late. Pregnancy test was negative.
What does this mean? If I hadn't been on the pill would my periods likely have been abnormal by now? Does being on the pill interfere with the natural course of events (menapause)?

Thank you!!
indenial

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:29 pm

I take it that you don't want to be pregnant, so we'll all concentrate on the idea that this is definitely your first missed period due to peri-menopause! :) Does seem quite a coincidence, but we actually go through quite a few of them before we're out of denial. :)

Hang in there with us and let us know what you find out....I'm sure Dr. Judy will answer your question. I don't know quite how to explain it...I'm only a cartoonist, not a doctor!! I'm here to keep you laughing, you know!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby indenial » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:40 pm

Thanks Dee for replying so quickly. I know you're not a doctor, but it sure helps to have a place to go with this!
indenial

Postby drjudy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:41 pm

I've posted an answer on the 'ask Dr. Judy' forum.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause