SORE EYES AND EARACHE

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

SORE EYES AND EARACHE

Postby Lozzie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:30 am

Hi there, I have developed very sore and dry eyes, for which the Dr has given me drops. Is this part of hormone imbalance please? If it is, does it ever go away? Its been like this for 2 months, with pain, photophobia and red rimmed eyes. Sometimes there is earache with it.

I havent finished periods yet, but they are getting heavier, and I have lots of other symptoms of peri-menopause, but its the eyes that are bothering me the most. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what can I do about it.

I take lots of vitamins, but dont take HRT or hormones. Many thanks. Lozzie. 8)
Lozzie

Postby drjudy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:33 pm

Hi Lozzie,

I did post an answer to this in the other medical information forum. Loss of estrogen does aggravate dry eyes, although you do not sound like you are yet out of estrogen. There is a fairly new topical product for dry eyes, a solution called Restasis. Ask your eye doctor.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Lozzie » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:24 am

Hi Dr Judy, Thank you so much for the information. I am due to see my eye doctor again next week, so I will definately ask for this.

Good to know Im not out of oestrogen yet too, lol!! Thanks again. Lozzie
Lozzie

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause