I think I am starting the change

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

I think I am starting the change

Postby Djoelle » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:00 pm

I think I am starting to go thru Memopause. Here are my symptoms.... Night Sweats, I used to be the cold one. Hot Flashes, I am sitting in an airconditioned space sweating like I am outdoors in 100 degree weather. Mood swings, I have always been on a pretty even keel emotionally but lately it has been crazy, I cry at the drop of a hat and get angry the same way. I find more hair in the shower falling out of my head, not sure why. I am exercise 3 to 4 times a week and still no weight loss. Have lost a few inches, but this has been hard to do, where it used to be easy. Used to LOVE being physical with my husband. Now... No interest. The bathroom thing.... all of a sudden I have to pee and cannot always make it to the bathroom, went to the doctor and he said that I need to pay more attention to when I have to go. It doesn't matter when I go to sleep, I wake up about 3 or 4 am and cannot go back to sleep. This has been going on for about 2 years, and when I mention Menopause to DRs they tell me, Can't be because of my age, I am almost 39. Some advice would be great. I feel like I am going crazy.
Djoelle

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:21 pm

Wow....great doctor you have there, kiddo! I'm not a doctor, but the first thing I would suggest to someone (about the urinating problem) would not be to pay more attention to when you have to go!! Especially to a 39 yr. old woman! He could have at least said to cut back on fluids before going to bed. Please tell me how old is this doctor?

You may want to check out http://www.earlymenopause.com and see if you can get a better idea of what could be causing all these symptoms. Have you had your thyroid checked? Those symptoms can mimic menopause too. What's happening with your periods? Are they fluctuating. It's possible you're at the beginning of peri-menopause stage, but it IS a bit early to have so MANY of the symptoms.

It could be POF too...premature ovarian failure. Premature ovarian failure (POF) is defined as the cessation of ovarian function prior to the age of 40.
Although the symptoms are often similar and POF was once thought to be a form of premature menopause, there are many differences in the two conditions. Normal menopause occurs as a result of aging, which results in follicle depletion and the onset of menopause with related symptoms. With POF, up to 50% of patients may ovulate once in any given year and 5-10% may become pregnant, leading to a theory that there is a follicular dysfunction rather than complete ovarian failure. In addition, POF is often associated with autoimmune disease, the most common being thyroid dysfunction (i.e., Hashimoto’s thyroiditis). These characteristics are not common to menopause with the cessation of ovarian function in the early fifties.

Anyway, do some more research, talk with your doctor again and hang in there until you figure out why you're feeling so rotten. Let us know how you're doing too!
minniepauz
Site Admin

GREAT WEBSITE

Postby SUZYQ » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:17 am

Minnie:

I found this link (http://www.earlymenopause.com) on one of the pages where someone was talking about early menopause. What a WONDERFUL informative page. I learned alot about my symptoms and I actually had 16 out of 21. No wonder I feel the way I do. I found alot of symptoms that I haven't seen other places but have experienced. Thanks

SUZY Q
SUZYQ
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause