experience with estrogen shots taking effect

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

experience with estrogen shots taking effect

Postby Rita » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:02 pm

My doctor gave me an estrogen shot to see if it would help with my high anxiety and attacks. Anyone have experience with this in knowing about how long before it will take effect. I got the shot three days ago and feel like I am less emotional already yet my anxiety is still really high.
Thanks for any input.
Rita
Rita
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:47 pm

Rita, did your doctor mention how long it might take before you might feel the results?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Rita » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:07 pm

No, silly me, I didn't think to ask. He did say in about a month I would start to feel it wear off to come back then to discuss what I might like to use i.e. cream, patch etc.
Rita
Rita
On Fire!

Postby drjudy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:39 pm

Hi Rita,

Estrogen shots are given in "depot" form, meant to slowly and evenly enter your circulation. Every woman may experience a somewhat different time table, but I trust you are feeling the full benefits by now. Note how long it took, and then note when the feelings start to dissipate. You could expect the same sort of experience each month.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause