What type of headaches do you get with peri?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby KayB » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:14 am

Re migraine--does it always have to be located on one side of the head does anyone know? Can you get them on the top of the head too?
KayB
Combustible

Postby colopam » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:46 am

Kay
It can be on one side or front or back or top. The worst ones I've had feel like the whole head is in a vice and even air hurts. auras aren't always present either. Noise hurts me sometimes, smells will nauseate me, light hurts...but all to varying degrees depending upon the intensity. NOTHING hurts worse than vomiting while having a migraine, it feels likea nuclear explosion happening inside the head. Sucks being down in FL with no basements...I had wonderful migraine havens in CO and TN like caves with NO light, no noise and cold.

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby KayB » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Reason I ask is that I had one that was top of head and back--I felt like my head was being squeezed. This did not feel like tension headaches.

Thanks for the input as I think I had a migraine yesterday. Migraines are new to me now that peri has hit..
KayB
Combustible

Postby colopam » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:39 pm

Kay

Keep a log of when you have them, duration. symptoms, and what helps. Some of mine were TMJ headaches. Some happen before my TOM. Some from food triggers (including Splenda in it's many hidden forms!!) Found out about the Splenda when I fell in love with the Arizona Diet green tea and kept getting migraines daily I stopped them and sure enough they stopped, had a Coke Zero (it contains Splenda) and they were back. Talked to my Dr. and she said that's common, some people are more sensitive to nutrisweet but the ones that are sensitive to Splenda are generally sensitive to sugar too!!She gave me some samples and I tried a couple (they can have the Axert , I'd rather have the migraine!!) but the Imitrix was/is a Godsend. I try not to hesitate when I suspect a migraine like I used to, I'm more apt to head it off now before the nausea and such (DH goades me into it but he's right). My most common ones are the ones that feel like the back of my head is going to fall off. There's such a clear demarcation between front and back, that's what yours sound like. Don't hesitate to talk to your Doc , I'm very lucky in that mine is my age and experiencing the same things so we discuss what works.

Let me know how things go 'k?

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

When don't I have a headache is a better reply.......

Postby pblondeau46 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:48 pm

I get lots of headaches/migraines. Some are caused by Lupus and some by hormones and some by tension. Sometimes is hard to keep track of what is what!!! :shock:

I almost alway get the premenstrual headache. Aren't they fun? My sister said when she was starting menopause she had lots of headaches. I guess it comes with the territory.

I think one thing we can do to minimize it is watch our diet. Eat healthy, stay away from caffiene and alcohol..........i know not easy and not fair!

One thing I eat that helps with the premenstrual stuff is peanut butter on whole wheat or rye with a cut up banana on top. You should try it~ :wink:
Your forum Friend Pauline
pblondeau46

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause