Question on HRT

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Question on HRT

Postby marshlakemom » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:35 pm

Can anyone give me an idea how long it takes Premarin to kick in? LOL

Marshlakemom
marshlakemom

Postby minniepauz » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:03 pm

How long have you been taking it? Almost everything we take will take a month or longer to really get into our system and have some affect...
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby marshlakemom » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:46 pm

Well, you will get a giggle out my reply. I just started today. So I guess I'm waiting now for the big day when my hot flashes and night sweats start to ease up.

Marshlakemom
marshlakemom

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:26 am

:) Thanks for the giggle :) That's ok, a positive attitude works as well as HRT for some people!! You have to let us know when you start noticing an improvement, ok?

While we're at it....why not discuss your thoughts about taking hrt when so many are afraid to try it? Obviously, your doctor feels it would be safe for you based on your personal history, your age and the severity of your symptoms. Fill us in on the circumstances, ok?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby yepthatsme2 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:20 pm

marshlakemom, you know I remember asking my provider that question, mainly cause I had major hormones not working, at the time.
His reply was you should see relief right away.
Hope that helps. :)

Brenda
yepthatsme2

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause