how to know if you are pre-menopause

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

how to know if you are pre-menopause

Postby hotallthetime » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:22 am

I an looking for info from anyone who might know. How do I know... This all new to me. I have been telling my doctor for two years that I haven't been myself. I am not yet 40 but I really don't think at this point that can make a differance. Some of the signs are weight gain 15lb now a lot just enough to make me feel crappy. Fatique somedays not all I feel I need just a quick wee nap. Anxiety well I cry at all the wrong times " which makes me feel silly. Hot flashes, after I blow dry my hair it takes a good hour an a half to cool down. "I've always put being hot down to the weight gain." Mood swings well my poor kids they have no idea which Mom is in the kitchen, let me tell you it isn't pretty. Joint pain well this has only been about a year and 1/2, at the tops of my legs. I do not have family history yet I do have older sisters which places us all over the map shouldn'd we all be the same? I feel I have just lost my get up and go.. If anyone has help for me please reply. Thanks in advance.
hotallthetime

Postby colopam » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:50 am

hotallthetime

1st check out the list of symptoms on this site, I'll bet you'll recognize a few more than you've listed here. A few docs don't "recognize' that there isn't a clear delineation between being menopausal and not being menopausal, this time frame between is perimenopause and you've come to the right place for tea and sympathy, along with some good advice. Wo along with checking out the rest of "Minnie" peruse the posts and see what fits! Welcome!

P.S. I only have brothers and my mother and grandmothers all had total hysts at a fairly early age so I have no map either!! I figure that I'm not lost I'm just exploring!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:05 am

Sounds like changing hormones to me. What's puzzling to doctors and women alike are all the symptoms that start occurring even before the periods get irregular. Try to keep a calendar of when your hot flashes, fatigue, and mood swings occur relative to your period. Armed with this information, you may be able to enlist your doctor's help in finding some solutions to the way you feel.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause