It's 2:15 a.m. and I'm rambling on and on

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby scottie » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:54 am

Ladies, is the Calm Forte and the Natural Calm for insomnia or for anxiety? I assume you can get both of these at Walgreen's?

Lately I have this "Here goes nothin'" feeling when I go to bed. I know at some point, usually around 1 or 2 am, that I will wake up. I will feel like someone cranked up the burner and I'm slowly simmering. I get up, check to see if the thermostat is too high, walk around the bed to see if my dh has the blanket on, fan myself like some hyper senorita, toss around, etc. Finally, finally, it subsides and I eventually fall back to sleep. I would say I rarely get a good, solid night's sleep. (Boy, when I start complaining, I really go to town, don't I? :roll:)

I have also heard of calcium/magnesium helping. How many and how often do you take them? Thanks, everyone.
scottie

Postby colopam » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:24 am

Scottie
I use the Calms Forte for both, luckily I don't have many anxiety attacks and the insomnia has backed off some so this works well for me, I take one for when I start feeling anxious (along with breathing etc.) and more for sleep so far so good. These can be found at your pharmacy, at CVS it's in the analgesic aisle alongside the sleepaids.
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby bonsachangin » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:40 am

Scottie,

The natural calm seems to have helped both insomnia and anxiety for me. I buy mine at a yoga studio I go to. I drink it every night and the bottle last me for about 6 weeks. I have also noticed a difference in my hot/cold flashes. I don't seem to have as many anymore. It took at least a month though before I started to feel full effects of it. I believe there is a web site you can look at information. Just google natural calm. Take care and good luck!

Bonnie
bonsachangin
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:56 pm

I just want to add that Natural Calm is basically Water Soluble Magnesium Citrate (205mg of elemental magnesium per teaspoon) and I have some info on this page: http://www.minniepauz.com/calcium.html about how important magnesium is for us. There's also a link to a great article about magnesium. I just wanted all of you to see the connection and be able to pass it along.

Here's the ingredients in Calms Forte: Passiflora Incarnata HPUS 1X Triple Strength (Passion Flower), Avena Sativa HPUS 1X Double Strength (Oat), Humulus Lupulus HPUS 1X Double Strength (Hops), Chamomilla HPUS 2X (Chamomile), Calcarea Phosphorica HPUS 3X (Calcium Phosphate), Ferrum Phosphorica HPUS 3X (Iron phosphate), Kali Phosphoricum HPUS 3X (Potassium Phosphate), Natrum Phosphoricum HPUS 3X (Sodium Phosphate), Magnesia Phosphoricum HPUS 3X (Magnesium Phosphate), In a Base of Lactose, N.F., Calcium Sulfate, Starch (Corn and Tapioca), Magnesium Stearate
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause