52 days and no period!!! Happy Days!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

52 days and no period!!! Happy Days!

Postby Hopefully » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:42 pm

Is anyone else counting down the days to menopause like I am? What symptoms, if any, are you experiencing?
Hopefully
Combustible

Postby meadowlark6581 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:19 pm

abc
Last edited by meadowlark6581 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
meadowlark6581

Postby Hopefully » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:01 pm

I took bcp for over a year, then stopped in order to have my fsh levels checked. Well during this time my blood pressure went wild so the dr. did not believe it would be safe for me to take oral bcp.

At first I panicked because I was concerned about returning symptoms that had been eliminated or helped by taking bcp. To my surprise I felt wonderful bcp free for about 2 weeks.

Now I'm dealing with daily anxiety, panicky/nervous/shaky feeling, the blahs, hot flashes, wobbly feeling legs, night and day sweats, difficulty sleeping, and irritable. My pressure is under control with medication, but will rise when I become anxious over the silliest things.

I've found that flaxseed oil, primrose oil, and a good B complex vitamin helps to minimize many of my symptoms, but it doesn't last all day. I also don't feel as calm as when I was taking bcp. My pressure was slightly elevated while on bcp, but since I've stopped taking them my bp has been doing some weird things.

Are you dealing with increased anxiety and what, if anything, are you taking that helps?
Hopefully
Combustible

Postby meadowlark6581 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:20 pm

abc
Last edited by meadowlark6581 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
meadowlark6581

Anxiety, IBS, shaking, panic, etc..............

Postby SUZYQ » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi Meadowlark and Hopefully:

I am 45 and I think I started to go through this peri-menopause about 2 years ago. Not knowing what the heck was going on with me.... digestive issues, panic attacks, went to the hospital and had every test possible...full body scan, thyroid, and any other test blood wise or x-ray wise. I was thinking heart attack (had a heart scan also tread mill stress test) everyone says I am fine. A year and a half ago I had my fsh levels checked and they said I wasn't even near it. They never really gave me my numbers. I just went to an endocrinologist to have a good thyroid panel done and all that was good. My FSH level is now 19.5. she said I am borderline. I am still not sure what borderline means?? I can't hardly believe in less than 2 years I am that close to menopause. My periods started about a year ago getting longer apart, my longest was 46 days, then my last one I just started on March 8th only lasted 3 days then quit completley. I have really been having alot of horrible feeling symptoms in the last couple months. My friend says you haven't even scratched the surface. My biggest problem is anxiety...short of breath (which my husband says I am causing myself, probably right) insomnia, creepy crawly feeling, dizziness, no energy, feeling worse in the morning when I wake up then getting a little better during the day and evening. Then before I go to bed, I start to feel that same anxiety feeling. If I lay around and rest and don't do anything, I feel a little better, like now just sitting on the bed and on the computer. I am not taking anything....vitamins, flaxseed oil, vitamin e, garlic, and thats about it. This cycle I haven't had the joint pain stiffness, which has come at every other one the last year. I haven't had one hot flash, but have had a few night sweats. My girlfriend says you just wait until the hot flashes start.....I am hoping I will never get them.... I have alot of other stressors in my life too...grown children that are in trouble, granddaughters 7 and 3, my Mom died in 2001, my Dad passed this past September from a major stroke. I think I have been a little depressed also. I am very medicine sensitive and afraid to try anything. I tried Lexapro for about a week and was a zombie that couldn' move or talk. I stopped that... My doctor wants to put me on a low does BCP. I am not really sure I want to do that either. I also deal with GERD, Hiatal hernia and IBS....so I can really realte to both of you and I can't really give any advice from my side because I am chicken to try anything. I do know that excercise (brisk walk) does help me some. If I don't do that, I really feel bad.
Well I just wanted to drop a BIG note and share some things with you all. I hope to hear back from you if you still are around.

Susan
Maryland
SUZYQ
Hot Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:16 pm

I went 80 days last Fall without a period. I was happy... till it started. Then, a month later, had a "regular" one; followed two weeks after that with another. Like my body was trying to get all of them in before the end of the year. :p

I do look forward to this ending. So far, my biggest disturbance is the digestive issues. I can deal with the hot flashes, even the few meltdowns I've had- the only inconvenient thing about those was the two I had in public.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

DIGESTIVE ISSUES

Postby SUZYQ » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:28 pm

What type of digestive issues to you get??? I have been having diahrrea for the past week, not the best color either. (sorry so descriptive!!) Pain under the left fib area, upper center chest and back. I am going to go to the GI Dr. in April. I want him to do another test for pancreas. My Dad had a major stroke and ended up with Pancreatic cancer, and an abdominal anuyerism (sp?) I would love to hear what you experience also.
SUZYQ
Hot Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:22 am

I can go from being regular to constipated to diarrhea all in one sitting, so to speak. I've had diarrhea for a week, then nothing for days, then constipation only to have that turn back into diarrhea. And there doesn't seem to be any food triggers- I kept track after asking Dr. Judy about it and she gave me some suggestions.

I've had my gall bladder out- almost 17 years ago, the old-fashioned way. I have an 8 inch scar from that surgery. That effects your digestive issues as well, but it seemed to have straightened itself out after about 12 years. Now there's this.

My follow-up appointment is tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I can get some help.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause