Just call me spot!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Just call me spot!!

Postby sassynewme » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:55 pm

This is my first post. I am 44 and been going through this for about nine months.

My biggest complaint is spotting, It use to come 3-5 days before my period and then 5-7 days and now the last couple of months 8-10 days. Sometimes after a few days will pass and spot for 2-3 days. I went in for my yearly and the doctor told me it was peri. BCP is not a option because of BP problems. When things change I call and the nurse says it is normal.

Does anyone do this? It really does drive me crazy but then again right now I am peri crazy. :P
sassynewme

Postby minniepauz » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:26 am

Yes, Sassy....this is a very common part of peri-menopause. It sounds like your doc is watching you closely for other causes for the spotting (I think fibroids might be one), so the best thing for you to do at this point is make it your mission to learn all you can about this transition. You'll learn a lot from reading this forum or you could start at this site: http://www.project-aware.org
Funny that one doctor tells a 44 yr. old she's too young for peri and another says yup, it's peri.....

Dr. Judy may have a suggestion regarding the spotting....
Last edited by minniepauz on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby CathyW » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:17 am

Hi! Yes I get this some months too and then other months I don't. I have fibroids which could be causing this or it could just be peri. A doctor that actually told a 44 year old that its peri? WOW...sounds like you have a doctor that knows what their doing! Lucky you!!
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause