How are you dealing with the anxiety?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby drjudy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:28 am

Estrogen is not safe for long-term use without progesterone in women with uterus; that's why I limit it to a 2 month trial.

I like Combipatch, but I usually have women cut the patch in half and only use 1/2 at a time. Especially at the start. I do prescribe compounded hormones, but I feel that there are conventional hormonal prescriptions that are as good, and insurance pays for them and not for compounded.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Hopefully » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:24 pm

drjudy wrote:Estrogen is not safe for long-term use without progesterone in women with uterus; that's why I limit it to a 2 month trial.

I like Combipatch, but I usually have women cut the patch in half and only use 1/2 at a time. Especially at the start. I do prescribe compounded hormones, but I feel that there are conventional hormonal prescriptions that are as good, and insurance pays for them and not for compounded.

Judy

Dr. Judy it's interesting that you have your patients cut the CombiPatch in half because I thought about doing the same thing when I realized that I feel better on day 3 than on day 1.

It's interesting that while I was taking the CombiPatch I did not begin bleeding, but 3 days of the compounded hormones caused this to occur. Could this just be a coincidence? After 67 days of not bleeding I was looking forward to living the rest of my days period free.
Hopefully
Combustible

Postby drjudy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:46 pm

I'm not sure what to make of your bleeding episode. If the compounded hormones represented a drop in hormones compared to Combipatch, that could cause bleeding.

I think wishing for period-free rest of your days at this stage of the adventure is a little too optimistic. But then, hopefully is not just a name when it comes to perimenopause.

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause