New here...a question-I'm I in perimenopause?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

New here...a question-I'm I in perimenopause?

Postby ShoePrincess » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:46 pm

Hi,
I'm new here. Found this board thru a fitness forum.
This is the deal.
I'm 51. I've been regular (every 28 to 31 days pretty much for ever).No problems until this past Feb. Feb. skipped a period. Went 52 days between. Started again and went 29/31/30 days for April/May/June. Julys period came at 52 days. Aug. at 33 days and Sept. at 28 days.
Symtoms:
A little anxiety and lots of crying spells. Dwelling on things past. Way past...20/30 years past. No sexual problems..just the opposite!!. Doc (female) put me on Lexapro. Took that for 2 1/2 weeks and stopped it on my own. It did make me feel better but surpressed the BIG O!! So I ditched the meds.
I've been feeling better lately. I eat healthy, exercise like a manic, I don't drink alcohol hardly at all. No problems so far with weight issues. In fact I've lost 10 pounds but it did take me 3 months!!
No hot flashes or night sweats yet.
Is this perimenopause?
Thanks for any replies,
Cindy
ShoePrincess

Postby drjudy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:09 pm

Dear Cindy,

51+irregular periods+mood swings = perimenopause. Sounds like you're taking all the right lifestyle steps to deal with it as well as possible.

Hard to say what's in store for you next. It's an adventure alright, never the same place twice.

I'm glad you've checked in with us. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause