"crash fatigue"...losing my mind!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

"crash fatigue"...losing my mind!

Postby Rita » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:55 pm

I think I am experiencing crash fatigue from another post I have read. I am extremely tired more that I feel good-ALL month long. I either feel like I have the flu-weak all over or am yawning all day long and am ready for bed by 7:00 pm. I feel "disconnected" I feel so tired. I tried to take more of my estrogen (Premarin) yet it seems like every time I do I feel much worse, even with the other symptoms. My doctor says that it wouldn't work that way, it must just be a coincidence that I feel worse. I am so depressed because I don't feel like I can live with this tiredness. I have no uterus so I can't tell if I feel worse when it would be time for my period. I have already had my thyroid tested from and different doctor and it was fine. Any advice, please comment if you know anything about increasing estrogen, or if anyone else is this tired.
I sure never knew "peri" was this rough!!!!
Thanks,
Rita
Rita
On Fire!

Postby drjudy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:01 pm

Hi Rita,

I know from your previous posts that you've been having quite a time of it. Have your doctors tested your hormone levels, as in all your hormone levels? You might benefit from a complete panel, to include testosterone (including free or bioavailable testosterone) and DHEA. Perhaps you are suffering from androgen deficiency that can sap energy and stamina. The more Premarin you take, the more sex hormone binding globulin you produce that binds up testosterone, making it unavailable to your cells.

You might want to look at Elizabeth Lee Vliet's book "Screaming to be Heard" about hormone imbalances often overlooked by doctors.

I hope you find answers soon

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Rita » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:48 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I'll ask my doctor and get the book as well.

Actually I think I just need to come and visit you at your office, since you seem to have such great knowledge!!!

Sincerely,
Rita
Rita
On Fire!

Postby drjudy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:21 pm

Thank you, what a nice thought.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:02 am

Now that's what I'd call a "house call"!! Too bad we can't convince Judy to move to Michigan!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby KayB » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:38 pm

The crashing fatigue is one of my worst symptoms. When mine all started 2-1/2 yrs ago, I thought I was going nuts... I'd go to the dr., nothing was wrong after all the testing and then I'm sure they thought I was bananas. Finally I found this website and began reading everyone's posts and then I realized "hey, that's ME"....

In fact, the past couple days have been horrid crashing-fatigue-wise....
KayB
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause