38yrs old and my bloodwork

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

38yrs old and my bloodwork

Postby snoopy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:44 pm

shows I am POST menopausal :shock: I have only missed one period but I have had hot flashes for the last year!! I am also crabby..ask my family and have gained weight :evil: My doctor gave me Prempro( I think that is it for HRT) I told her I may not take it..not too sure on that stuff yet.

Should I get another blood test done or not?
snoopy
Combustible

Postby drjudy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:39 pm

I would go more on how you feel than blood tests. It doesn't matter if you're officially menopausal, although at your age it would be called premature ovarian failure. Women with POF sometimes do kick out another egg or two. Ask your doctor if you should be tested for other problems such as thyroid or other auto-immune problems that might contribute to early menopause.

At your age, you would ordinarily have tons of hormones around. Young women in early menopause can take hormones without worries of any of the problems encountered by the much older women of the Women's Health Initiative. I'm not that crazy about PremPro, but do consider working with your doctor on some supplementation to support your brain, mood, bones, etc.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:42 am

Snoopy, you might also want to visit http://www.earlymenopause.com for some additional advice.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby snoopy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:21 am

Thanks for your replies...my thyroid is perfect she said and I am scheduled for a bone density test in December. My oldest sister just "stopped" at the age of 40.
snoopy
Combustible

geez

Postby snoopy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:07 am

sorry for the triple post..but it was acting up and I kept hitting the button :oops:
snoopy
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause