period even though medicated

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

period even though medicated

Postby Midaseyes » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:27 pm

My gyno put me on the pill full time - no week off, because on the week off I was having mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, all the wonderful stuff. So for about 8 months, all has been fine - no periods, no nothing - just a few hot flashes. So now, about 2 weeks ago, the mother of all periods started - not really HEAVY bleeding, but constant. Does this signal my need to switch to some heavier medication? I do have a doctor's appt. next week.

Another thing - last time I had blood drawn for "the test," they told me that it had to be taken the end of the week when I was "off" the pill. For this one, since I'm on it all the time, will they make me go off of it for a week? I have meniere's disease, and flareups in my hormones trigger dizzy attacks. If I have to be off of medication for a week, or more, is this what I can look forward to? Anyone have anything similar happen to them & what occurred?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "wow, what a ride"!!
Midaseyes

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause