Anxiety Atacks

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Anxiety Atacks

Postby Wizard » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:07 pm

I hope I can get some input on what I'm currently going through. I'm 47 and in what I assume is perimenopause. I'm still getting a period each month although my cycle has shortened from about 30 days down to around 25/26. Also, my period lasts longer, around 8 days. I haven't had hot flashes at all yet.

Over the last month or so, I've been getting anxiety attacks for the first time in my life. I find that they primarily centre around my health and fears that I won't see my kids grow up.

I know my health is good (heck, I do an advanced step class several times a week and lift weights) but I still worry about getting major ailments. I did some minor damage to my knee which necessitated getting an xray and u/s and in the course of getting those worried that I had bone cancer, ms, and every other disease.

I find that depending on where I am in my cycle, the anxiety can suddenly lift and I'm fine.

MY sister is 2 yrs younger than me and has been going through peri-menopause for the last few years and also suffered these anxiety attacks, also about her health but other issues as well. She has now gone about 6 mths without a period and is anxiety free for the first time in ages.

Does this sound normal for perimenopause? Is there something I can do to lessen the attacks?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Jo
Wizard

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause