Thinning hair/see through to scalp?!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby berykute » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:22 am

Dr. Judy where can we get your formula? Give us the "recipe". Please
What the heck now?
berykute
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:53 am

Dr Judy
Thanks for sharing, I think it's the media that makes us feel so strongly about our hair and bodies. I know that my DH is thin on top and I think he's a VERY attractive man especially when he has a nice neat haircut (nothing worse than a longer fringe). I know it bothers him a bit and I don't want him to think that I'm discounting him by saying I find him attractive (you know what I mean), as is, BUT I would also support him if he felt he wanted to do something about it, honestly if this happens to me I would feel badly and try ANYTHING! I don't want to get started on how the media has dictated how we feel about our bodies!!!!! THAT soapbox is so tall I'd just have to fall off LOL! Keep us up to date on the concoction!!
HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:15 am

Minnie Pauz wrote:So far, I haven't found anyone to relate to on the hair stuff and that's my main concern. This place is too slow for people that need answers and comfort, not being mean, it's just what it is

That's why it's called a menopause board, my friend. I think you've been very unkind to the women who did respond to you (regardless of what I personally said in my post), so I am pleased that you will not be back. We try to keep a more positive attitude around here.

Evidently, this lady wants to come back to the forum, but after so many negative comments about not being happy with us here, I deactivated her account. She has sent numerous emails inquiring why she can't log in so I wrote and told her why. The email came back to me so even her email doesn't like minniepauz.com!

This is the first time I've blocked anyone (except spammers) and I'm not comfortable doing it, but when someone continues to complain that they are not getting support when they definitely are....they are just trying to get attention or cause trouble. If I don't feel like I fit in with a forum or message board, I just go somewhere else, I don't keep coming back to complain how much I don't like it.

Anyway, thought I'd explain why we haven't heard from her again. :?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby drjudy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:07 am

My formula thus far hard to replicate for average menpausal woman. That's why I need to work with a pharmacist to come up with a formula that others could follow via an rx from their doctors.

Judy
Last edited by drjudy on Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby berykute » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:22 pm

can this be mixed with a conditioner or oil? My gyn will write an RX for me.
What the heck now?
berykute
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:39 pm

Ideally this would be put into something called liposomal cream available through a compounding pharmacy. This type of cream optimizes absorption through the skin. I believe you need to leave it on the scalp awhile, so conditioner won't work.

It continues to work wonders for me. The accelerated loss has stopped, and I can see new growth!

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:23 pm

Just an article I came across today and thought I'd share.
http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvi ... a.htm?nl=1
Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Bevy1958 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:45 am

I just had to jump in here on this hair thing. I am 47 (until April :P ) and all my life I've had very fine hair, been told there was lots of it but it's so fine it looks/feels thin. Add to that a very strange looking double crown which is looking to me as though it's getting bigger. I know my hair is getting thinner but I chose not to stress over it.
Let me explain...all my life I had done what was expected of me, oh sure I was a bit on the wild side as a teen but it was short-lived. There were things I wanted to do but was told I couldn't do them...mostly because I was a female and these things just weren't appropriate ie: riding my own motorcycle, getting a tattoo and just being me. Imagine going through life having to keep your true self under wraps...not that is stressful let me tell ya!!
Ok back to the hair...a few months after I turned 38 I began to experience changes in my thought process. Mainly about how I saw myself and I knew that what I saw was a reflection of what others wanted me to be. I rebeled like I had never done before in my life!! My hair has always caused me such grief and I would joke and say I was going to shave it all off. Of course everyone knew I would never do that..or so they thought :wink: One night I was home alone, my husband (now ex but that's another story..lol) and son were out and I had had a bad hair day...I picked up the siccors and cut it off as close to my head as I could, then went to a friend's house to use her clippers. The look on her face was priceless! She took the clippers to me and buzzed the rest of my hair off...just like a new recruit in the army I had a velcro head!
Ladies it was the most freeing thing I had done in my life!!! It went against everything society (and media) tell us that a woman should look like and for me it was the beginning of a new me. I kept my head shaved for almost 2 yrs and I loved it.
What is my point in telling this you ask? In the yrs since I have come to realize that by doing what others wanted/expected me to do I was putting way to much stress on myself. I began to think more of myself and do things for myself and I have learned that there is no point in stressing out about things I have no control over...like my very fine hair or losing my hair or what other people may think of me or or or.....get it?
Now I'm pre-menopausal and sometimes it sucks but it is something I have to experience as my body changes from child bearing to crone and I know there are things I could take/use to make some of the symptoms a little easier to handle but I have chosen NOT to get all stressed out and add to the discomforts that I basically have NO controll over. My life has become so much better since I stopped stressing about things I can't change and changing the things I can.
Oh, and the biggest change I've made....I am now ME and if someone doesn't like me, well, it's their lose because I really am a nice person.
makin snow angels with just shorts and a T-shirt on...that cools me down!!!
Born 1958...been peri since about my late 30's
Bevy1958
Combustible

Postby drjudy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:30 am

Hi Bevy,

I love your story; thanks for taking the time to share it here. I agree that this aging thing, living thing actually, is about acceptance of who we are. I'd love to have the chutzpah to shave my head, but I'll admit my first thought is that I don't think I have the nicely shaped sort of head that could carry that sort of thing off.

Anyway, your hair-raising tale was the perfect balance to our hair loss discussion.

Thanks,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Bevy1958 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:01 pm

drjudy,

I don't have a perfectly shaped head either...lmao...looked more like a q-ball with glasses, until I turned sideways...my head is flat in the back!!!

Bevy1958
makin snow angels with just shorts and a T-shirt on...that cools me down!!!
Born 1958...been peri since about my late 30's
Bevy1958
Combustible

Postby colopam » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:38 pm

Bevy1958
I had a very dear friend that did the same thing but she made a big ceremony out of it and had her friends do the "honors" It really freed her and gave us all new perspectives on how we conform to others perceptions.
HUGS TO YOU!!!!!
Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

hair loss

Postby michelilow » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:19 pm

Hi,
I started experiencing hairloss in my middle 30's & made several visits to my GP who did several tests but to no avail. I kept getting told it was stress that was causing it, with me being an anxiety/depression sufferer for most of my life. In the end I was losing so much that even my hairdresser noticed it & everytime I washed it, the drain would become so blocked that the water would not go down. I had to vacuum the bathroom floor twice a week as it was everywhere.
Anyway, I became resigned to the fact that by the time I reached 50, I would be bald Then I discovered progesterone cream.
Once I turned 40, I started experiencing allsorts of problems which I discovered to be hormone related but the worst being balance problems & dizziness. so, I thought I would give the progesterone cream a try, never thinking for one minute it would work but it helped tremendously.
After using the cream for 6 months I also began to notice that there was less hair on the floor & in the shower tray & then my hair started to grow back. I now have all new growth at the temples & on top & it is in such good conditon as well. I am so pleased, as it was really upsetting seeing my crowning glory slipping away down the drain.
I can therefore highly recommend use of this cream to anyone, as it has been my life saver in more ways than one!
Michele
michelilow
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:55 pm

Michele....thanks for telling us about how the progesterone cream helped you. Was it prescription or over the counter?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 am

Yeah Michele!!!
That's truly a victory!
Hugs pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

thinning hair

Postby michelilow » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:14 am

Hi Dee,
I live in the UK & you cannot get Progesterone cream over the counter or even on perscription, only in the form of what is called the mini pill. We are behind the times here you know!
Anyway, I found the cream whilst looking on the net for info on symptoms of lack of progesterone. I came across Dr John Lee's site & I found a wealth of info on there & the cream was on there too. It is called Serenity. Now with me living in the UK, I could not order the stuff direct but had to phone a number in the Channel Islands & wait for it to be shipped over, which took a fortnight. As far as I was concerned, I had struck gold. It must be powerful stuff, as if you put a little too much on it does have the effect of making you a little too relaxed & drowsy, so when I use it for the first time each month, I make sure it is before bedtime.
I have two friends who now use it after my recommnedation & they feel so much better. One friend had been put on HRT for the second time by her GP & she suffered terribly till she stopped it & went on the cream instead.
I realise it might not suit everyone but I could not cope without it nowdays. The only thing it does not help with, is the headaches which are bad
Best wishes Michele
michelilow
On Fire!

Quick Reply

PreviousNext

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause