Thinning hair/see through to scalp?!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby minniepauz » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:57 am

Well, I'm so glad you're finding relief...AND that you were able to get it! I'm not sure I understand why so many products are not available to those of you overseas? Does your government restrict the products (even prescription) or do the companies who develop them not want to sell them over there? That doesn't make sense, but neither does the idea that your government won't allow them to be shipped in.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Online support for female hair loss

Postby Gigi40 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Just wanted to post a link to a support group dealing specifically with women's hair loss, since this appears to be a hot topic. Hope that's okay...I'm not "plugging" any products, but this group helped me and I want to share. I have female androgenetic alopecia (thinning hair/baldness) and choose to wear "supplemental" synthetic hair that looks incredibly real instead of using Rogaine or hormones. Everyone has to find the solution that works best for them, so just tossing this alternative into the mix. :)

I found the Wig Support group on msn to be very helpful and informative about alternative hair options for women. Thought someone else might benefit from it as I did, so here's a link:

http://groups.msn.com/browse.msnw?catid=102

On the above page, scroll down a bit to "Wig Support." It is a members only group but easy to join and worth the time, imo.

Cheers,

Gigi
Gigi40
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause