functional cysts

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

functional cysts

Postby KayB » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:02 pm

Has anyone had issues with ovarian cysts during peri-menopause?
KayB
Combustible

Postby colopam » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:10 am

mornin' Kay!
I've had ovarian cysts on and off for several years, I've usually just had some very sharp pains and then that goes away, the ultrasound tech and doctors have made comment on them but other than that I've not had a lot of problems with them. On the other hand my DSIL has had alot of pain and days in bed with hers, even hospitalization.
Are you having problems? Hope not, take care and keep us updated!
hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:21 am

Ovarian cysts are common during menopause as high levels of messenger hormones from the pituitary attempt to stimulate our sluggish aging ovaries into action. They can be painful and worrisome; I hope you are not having too much trouble with this.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby KayB » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:13 pm

I had a transvaginal and regular ultrasound in September and they diagnosed two "small" ovarian cysts--when the tech read the results to me over the phone I asked how small and she said something centimeter wise which sounded small.

I am 48 yrs old and definitely in perimenopause.. I guess it just concerns me.. This month it's felt more uncomfortable than usual in that area (left ovary) but not something thats debilitating, that is to say I can go and do things and it doesn't bother me unless I think about it. I have an appt Dec. 19 to talk about it..
KayB
Combustible

Postby KayB » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:23 pm

One more thing is that I thought being on birth control pills prevented you from having cysts--I've been on Loestrin for almost a year.... Maybe it's not strong enough??
KayB
Combustible

Postby drjudy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:14 am

Hi Kay,

LoEstrin is lowest of low, and women can get ovarian cysts while using it. I've heard lectures from menopausal experts who feel that the really low dose pills aren't sufficient to support women through perimenopause.

I'm glad you have a follow-up appt., I think the discussion will be reassuring.

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause