dark spots above upper lip

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

dark spots above upper lip

Postby clwflorida » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:31 am

I just turned 46 in November. For the past 4 years I have had brown areas above my upper lip and a small area below my bottom lip. I have tried bleaching creams, they did not help. I even tried to just cover them up with make-up, that doesn't work. I don't even know if this could be a sign of peri-menopause or not. I just want to get rid of these dark areas. It looks like I have a mustache! Any help will be more than appreciated.
clwflorida

Postby minniepauz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:55 pm

Darn, that does sound a bit young to be worrying about age spots, but since everything that happens to us seems to depend on our hormones, it might be possible. If I were you, I'd check with a dermatologist and make sure you mention peri-menopause because they probably won't.

At least you're not actually growing a mustache! One of my grandkids actually told me I look like grandpa because of the hair on my face! :( I had to make a cartoon out of it:

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:04 am

Hey clwflorida!

I'd check with a dermatologist. Some hormonal changes can create skin color changes. I've had some on the sides of my face, get worse if I go out in the sun. Not fair that we have ALL these changes to contend with throughout our changing lives! Let us know what happens!!
Big Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:37 pm

Dear CLW,

I'm not sure what this is about. There is a condition called chloasma where hormonal imbalance (primarily pregnancy or birth control pill use) causes a mottled hyperpigmentation (dark spots) on the face. Bleach creams are used with more or less success. Apparently without much use in your case.

I certainly appreciate the agony of having spots on your skin. I think we all feel strongly about the way our heads look to the rest of the world. I hope a dermatologist is able to help you fade these areas.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause