Newbie-38yr

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Newbie-38yr

Postby hardcase » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:26 pm

Just to say hi and thanks to all for the info. I am 38 and had a partial hysterectomy at 36. Now I feel like I'm going over the edge. Symptoms began before hyster and docs just said no way it could be hormonal because of bcp. However, symptoms just continued to worsen after hyster and now GOOD GRIEF. I have about 30/35 on the symptoms list. I have an appointment w/doc Feb 24th. Hopefully we can make some progress. If I don't lose what little bit of my mind that I have left. So nice to find others but its a shame this affects so many women. Thanks for a place to vent and info as well.
hardcase

Postby drjudy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:43 pm

Have you noticed how much 38 year old company you have here? I don't know what makes us doctors believe that 38 is too young. It's not, particularly after a partial hysterectomy.

I hope your doctor will listen to your concerns, and you two can come up with a plan to help you through this. Take your list with you!

Welcome to the forum,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:44 pm

Hardcase
I don't concur with the argument that just because you're on BCP that your problems can't be hormonal, as a matter of fact I had gone thru several versions of them with varying degrees of success from no periods to 3 weeks of PMS (scary!). Finally got a diaphragm then had a tubal ligation It might be just a simple tweak of the pill that's needed (helped me my first go around for a few years). Anyway good luck and glad you're here!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Thanks

Postby hardcase » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:49 pm

Thanks Pam. So many women go through all this you would think that it wouldn't be that hard to get some help. I have been to several different doctors and treated for different things. Now the only thing left would be severe depression or hormones. Beings that I have done the anti depressants with no success and that I am now having a multitude of symptoms hopefully this new doctor who is known for bioidentical hormones will be of help. I don't go until Feb 24th. Thanks again for the support.
hardcase

Postby Rita » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:47 am

I just turned 45 and had my uterus removed nearly two years ago. I too had something happen to my body since I am experiencing so many problems. I was told that just having my uterus removed WOULDN'T cause any problems. I am now on Dr. #8. She told me that eventhough I still have my overies working that sometimes when the "routine" of the hormones is disrupted that our hormones can go out of balance. Good luck.
Rita
Rita
On Fire!

Postby colopam » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:58 am

Rita
That's one of the reasons that I opted to try to keep my uterus when my fibroids got too large, I was lucky and able to (also the adhesions from endometriosis to my colon would have made it more dificult). It's all a crapshoot tho, you have to go with the diagnosis at the time, until I came out of the anesthesia I didn't know whether I was able to keep mine or not, and who knows which was the better choice? I just read in Dr. Northrup's book that even having a tubal ligation could affect the circulation to the ovaries thus reducing the hormone production there. I wasn't told that before, and I wonder sometimes if the myomectomy could affect that too????? But regardless we're where we're at and have to go on from here. Can you communicate well with your current doc? I admire you for being so persistent in finding a doctor that seems to listen. Keep us up on how things are going and good luck to you!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Rita » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi Pam,
Thanks for replying. Yes I do communicate well with my doctor and have with all of them. My latest questions I have posted for Dr. Judy or anyone else who may know, I didn't think of asking while I was at my visit. My next appt. isn't for 2 months. I am at the point now where I know now that my problems just have to be hormone related even though I am on an estorgen supplement. My blood tests revealed that everthing else is normal, yet I can be happy and have energy for a few weeks and then run out of energy and anxiety hit, for no explaination. I know I'm not crazy lol, haha, at least not that I'll admit too, ha, ha. It is nice to know that I am not alone, and reading posts reasures me that this could be my problem. Thanks for listening.
Rita
Rita
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause