Is it perimenopause?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Is it perimenopause?

Postby ddelsol409 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:25 pm

Hi I am new here. My husband and I have been married for a little over a year. Shortly after we got married we decided to start trying for a child. It seems from that moment on my cycles decided to go haywire. I wend from having cycles that averaged around 32 to 35 days long to ones where I didn't ovulate until that time. Now my last two cycles have run even longer. The one previous to this one was over 75 days long (I ovulated on CD 66) and right now I am on CD 56 and still as waiting to Ovulate. Could I be entering menopause? I am 37 years old (and will be 38 in April). I have never used B/C. I don't have the dryness they speak of (to the contrary in fact). I have had night where I sweated, but it seemed to be due to too many blankets. I am really scared that when I finally get to try to have kids that my body is saying, no it is time for me to retire. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
ddelsol409

Postby colopam » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:04 am

ddelsol409
Have you discussed this with your Dr.? That would probably be the first step. Let us know how things go we do care!
HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:40 pm

Long cycles and infrequent ovulation could be related to premature ovarian failure (not called menopause under 40), or it could be from a thyroid problem or other endocrine imbalance. Particularly since you are eager to become pregnant, please seek medical consulation soon so you can be tested. There may be a relatively easy intervention that could help you reach your goal.

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause