numbness in hands and feet

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

numbness in hands and feet

Postby Ruthie » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:02 am

Hi everyone so glad to have found this site thought I was going nutso
have been having lots of the 35 symptoms but not sure about the
numbess has anybody else felt numb sensations ??
it makes me feel very anxious. :? :?
Ruthie

Postby colopam » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:10 am

Welcome Ruthie
Have you had the opportunity to talk with your doc to rule stuff out??? It may be something simple, but it could be something really important to deal with. Let us know.

Does the numbness have a pattern as far as time of day, activity or length of duration? Does anything give you relief?
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:23 am

I've personally had a LOT of numbness in my arms and fingers over the last several years, but with no health insurance I've never seen a doctor. I wonder if this is part of the "tingling sensation" symptom? I agree with Pam that you should talk to your doctor if you can. If not, do a search for exactly what you are experiencing to try to narrow it down to what might possibly be causing it.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Gigi40 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:12 pm

I also experienced numbness and tingling in my hands and fingers, especially in the mornings when I'd be driving to work. Scary! Didn't have this continuously, it would come and go pretty quickly. Once I'd get to work and not have my arms bent like they were when I was driving, feeling returned and tingling ended.

My doc did some routine neurological tests and believed the cause to be from excess weight and water retention. It was a relief that more serious possibilities were ruled out. I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and have less pressure on the nerves involved. I now experience the numbness very rarely. It used to happen all the time.

I agree that seeing a doctor about this kind of thing is a good idea, if you are able to do so.

Hugs,

Gigi
Gigi40
On Fire!

Postby Ruthie » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:15 pm

colopam wrote:Welcome Ruthie
Have you had the opportunity to talk with your doc to rule stuff out??? It may be something simple, but it could be something really important to deal with. Let us know.

Does the numbness have a pattern as far as time of day, activity or length of duration? Does anything give you relief?
Hugs Pam

Hi Pam,
no their is no pattern to the numbness, I will tell the doc but it seems just lately I have been telling him that much stuff that he just seems to shrug everything of and say its just menapaus.
lol
Ruthie

Postby colopam » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:07 am

Sometimes the numbness and tingling in the arms and hands can be from thoracic outlet syndrome, starts high up in the nerve bundles around the shoulder girdle (the driving or sleeping with arms up can lead to this symptom also alot of keyboarding using incorrect ergonomics). alot of my friends were recommended to use a B-complex and some got relief (we were operators and many sufferd with repetitive motion symdromes of many sorts)

Good Luck!! let us know how thing go!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby thunderhill » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:39 am

Hi Ruthie,

I've had the numbness and tingling for about a year now. Sometimes in my hands and feet, at times in my scalp. I can go weeks without noticing it, then it comes back. I had a neuro workup and MRI which were negative thank goodness. The dr's can't attribute it to anything - so I'm thinking it's perimenopause for me. My whole body is going wacky lately!
thunderhill

Postby DaMomma » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:36 pm

I have had tingling and numbness off and on about 4 years now too. Nothing showed in the MRI and catscan as well for me. I tottally believe its peri...never had it before and like I said, it comes and goes...
Are we there yet?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
born '63/peri since 2000
DaMomma
One HOT Woman!

Postby oldcowgirl » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:28 pm

I have had it too, and it is scary.. non of my Dr's can tell me what it is.
oldcowgirl
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause