New and wondering...

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

New and wondering...

Postby pageturner » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:08 pm

I am new to the forums, what a wonderful community you seem to have built here!

I will be 46 in September and I think I am perimenopause....have always had normal 'like clockwork' cycles. The last half of last 05 seemed to get 1-2 days of flooding in each cycle and can now add the following: waking up at nite with heart pounding convinced I hear someone in the house, or waking up feeling as if the heat has been turned up to 100 degrees, not a soaking nite sweat but feel damp.. kick off some covers and immediately feeling cold or clammy. more tender breasts, more anxiety although you would think dealing with aging and not in good health parents and inlaws would be enough.

My most troubling symptom began in Feb 06... I have been spotting. Very small amounts for the most part, first noticed on toilet tissue maybe once or twice a day so I began to 'investigate' by inserting a tampon. Sometimes I would get a very small amount of pink, sometimes nothing. I did have what seemed to be a normal 5 day flow in Feb, had no spotting for a week after the flow ended... 1 week later it returned. The amt is never much, all of it combined would not soak the smallest size of tampons. I have gone to Dr. for pelvic exam and pap smear this past week, she didn't seem overly concerned but I can't seem to stop worrying about it. I guess I'm looking for reassurance that it's all part of perimeno and I can find something else to stress over. :D
Last edited by pageturner on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pageturner

Postby colopam » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:37 pm

Pageturner
First of all welcome to the site!!! Be sure to read thru some posts and feel free to jump in anywhere at anytime! The search feature at the top of the page makes it easy to search for subjects that might interest you, also be sure to check out the rest of the site as well esp. the 35 symptoms, I'm willing to bet that you've had alot of these symptoms over the recent past but until seen in a list it's hard to link them together. Printing out this list and marking down frequency, intensity and duration as well as anything that might help them will greatly help at any Dr.'s appt.s . Given your age and what you're experinecing I'd say welcome to the peri- club!!! you're in great company, you'll find alot of info and support and wonderful HRT!!! (humor replacement therapy!!)

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause