retaining water

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

retaining water

Postby snoopy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:00 am

ok I have noticed my legs have indentions where my socks have been by the end of the day? What is up with that? :shock:
snoopy
Combustible

Postby whitemagic » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:39 am

That would be otherwise known as fluid retention.............lol. Attractive isnt it? My indents usually dont disappear for hours after I have taken off the socks.........its all part and parcel of the aging/meno process.......unless of course it comes with seriously aching legs.......then its time to have the doc look into it. If it really drives ya crazy buy some socks with a wide band on them..........makes for a looser fit.

Jadie
"I was a restless spirit on an endless flight but now my broom is losing its bristles"
whitemagic
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:52 am

And be sure to drink lots of water, seems that when water is withheld the body says fine then I'll hold onto all of it!! When I was doing PT, we used to have patients with edema (or ones fresh from surgery that were bed ridden) do ankle pumps (flex and dorsiflex the foot) as they were laying or sitting down, also "doing the alphabet" with their feet, A-Z when they'd balk I told them they could write out nasty notes to those mean nurses poking and prodding them at 2 a.m. and no one would know. really helps with the swelling, do these things while at your desk or at lunch or when watching tv.

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:27 am

I have cortisol-related edema. Sometimes mine whole body swells- I can start a day just fine and by noon, my jeans don't fit. Other times, its just my calves and fingers.

The more stress I have, the more swelling I do. Mine's not because of menopause, but its aggrivated by it. lol

I have prescription support stockings I wear when I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause