Birth Control & peri-menopause

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Birth Control & peri-menopause

Postby mgr » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:09 am

Hi Everyone,

Anyone taking birth control to releive symptoms of peri-menopause.
If so, how are you finding it. I am taking Alesse, I think I am feeling somewhat better but still have alot of anxiety and other symptoms. Maybe someone can give me their view of the pill. I am seriously considering taking some sort of anti-depressant.
Any comments?

Thanks,
MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:05 pm

MGR
My Dr. started me on Loestrin for flooding and major cramps, tho I spotted during week 3 and am now TOM and NOT flooding nor cramping (yeah!!). My Dr. also started me on a very low dose of Lexapro and it has decreased my insomnia (so I tore up the Rx for Ambien) and evened the moodswings (no anxiety or tear bursts). I don't remember when I've felt as good as I have in the last month. I was wondering whether the spotting (and a little more for a bit) would continue but I guess I'll just stay the 3 month trial course we decided on and see.

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:12 pm

I'm moving this to Peri-Menopause since this area is mainly for the chatroom. :) No big deal except more people will see your post over there! Welcome aboard!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause