What we eat.......

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

What we eat.......

Postby cin-d-rella » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:33 am

Sorry, don't know where this belongs, but my brother lives in Japan...has for about 16 years now. Says women in Japan DO NOT get hot flashes....do not have as many probalems in general with menopause. (But probably culturally, wouldn't be as inclined to talk about them either). Soy consumption is thought to be a big reason for the lack of hot flashes......the phytoestrogens. My brother sent me a good article on tofu, but I like the sound of the Efficsoy (sp) on here too. And there are things like miso soups, edimame....with Japanese cuisine being so popular these days, it might be worth a try. At least it is available. We are so lucky in N.America :: We have access to 90% of the 'things' in the world and yet we still complain !!! Not meant to be a bash to anyone, cuz it is all relative, but I guess I am just 'feelin groovy......oh, I mean greatful ". !!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking today...about life and death, babies and adults.....lifespans and all that stuff and I thought of these two things. 1) Every extra day of life we have is another chance to make a difference AND 2) WE ARE ALL A LOT STRONGER THAN WE THINK. I realized that about myself and my children, SIL, today........we are a strong family. Now that I have had this revelation of sorts, it makes me feel very empowered.

For those of you believers.......IN OUR WEAKNESS HE IS STRONG.
nighty night from Cin-d-rella.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause