Non-stop period

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby Lady_56 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:08 am

Thanks for that, Daydreamer, it really helps to know that it really does come to and end one day. I know that I have fibroids too because my chiropractor can feel them, and I live in hope of them shrinking away like yours with lack of estrogen. At least I haven't had the real heavy bleeds and flooding, just weeks of spotting. Haven't had a proper period for about 6 months now, so maybe i'll stop altogether soon too. :?
Lady_56
Combustible

Postby colopam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:57 pm

Sheryl

A wonderful book came my way when my fibroids got too large to NOT be dealt with (one the size of a softball and others of various sizes, they only removed 2) it's called "Fibroids, The Complete Guide to Taking Charge of Your Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Well-Being" it's by Johanna Skilling and gives alot of great info and alternatives to dealing with them as well as the types and progession (or even digression) of them. It really took alot of the "mystery" out of them for me and gave me ammo when talking to my Dr. who only wanted to do a hysterectomy (I felt that I still wanted mine).

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Lady_56 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:51 pm

Thanks for that, Pam, I will see if I can get hold of a copy. :)
Lady_56
Combustible

Postby colopam » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:13 am

Sheryl

It was much more comfortable to have the knowledge, not only to be well armed but peace of mind as far as options etc go. Keep us updated!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Lady_56 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:27 am

I have done my research and apparently that book is available for loan at my local library, so I will go there tomorrow and borrow it.
Thanks again Pam :D
Lady_56
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:31 am

Try this one too, Sheryl:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... auzcartoo/
What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibroids : New Techniques and Therapies --Including Breakthrough Alternatives to Hysterectomy by Scott C. Goodwin, Michael S. Broder, David Drum
Two fibroid experts reveal the little-known facts about preventing and treating fibroid tumors--without surgery. Fibroid tumors are the leading reason why more than 500,000 American women have hysterectomies each year. Fibroids are benign tumors that arise from the smooth muscle layer of the uterus. As they grow larger, they can put pressure on neighboring organs and tissues, causing pain, bleeding, and fertility problems in many women. Unfortunately, many women are not informed of their full treatment options by their physicians. At last, leading experts in the field explain preventive strategies and treatment choices. This book takes readers step-by-step, detailing what every woman needs to know and describing up-to-date medical treatment options, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Lady_56 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:11 am

Thanks for that Dee. I will look that book up as well. :D
Lady_56
Combustible

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:08 pm

oh gosh this is so familiar, I've had non-stop bleeding for several weeks, or brownish discharge, then a few days of nothing (oh relief) followed by more knicker disasters. I always carry a sanitary towel with me and most days wear one as a 'just in case'. Separately on this forum (somewhere) I told how just once - just once!!! - I decided to go out to a dance in light cream trousers without wearing a san.towel (guess you girls can see where this tale is leading to!) and, yes, disaster followed!

As another point, air travel can set you off, particularly high-altitude long-haul - something to do with air pressure. Last year I had light bleeding and flew from London to Bangkok, a few hours after arrival I was flooding my pants and this lasted for two days, changing the san-towel every hour or so. By the second day I was thinking of asking the hotel to call a doctor as I was so worried, but it abated. Then, returning to London six weeks later - the following day I had a flood. My doctor says this is normal. Same with trips to Australia and NZ. Next month I'm off to Mauritius so I can see that my holiday suitcase checklist will, as normal, have (1) passport (2) toothbrush (3) couple of dozen san-towels ....

Hope this all ends soon. Next lifetime I am coming back as a man as they have it so easy !!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause