only 35, upset

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

only 35, upset

Postby Zonnie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:50 pm

hi everyone. well, I turned 35 in march and ever since then have had light spotting for one day between my periods and now suddenly this month my period has come a week early. also I've been feeling overheated and I can't tell if it's the weather or me.

as I say in the title, I am very upset because unfortunately I have not been in a good situation to have children and so early menopause would be really difficult for me to deal with. I have made an appointment with my doctor but it's in 3 weeks...

I began menstruating when I was 12, and had heard this often means that menopause is supposed to come later. my mother only went through perimenopause when she was 55, but I guess there are no guarantees.

thanks for reading, I'm glad to find this forum.
Zonnie

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:01 am

Hi. I'll be 37 in a few weeks. I started having peri symptoms when I was 33/34, but my doctors (Veteran's Hospital doctors) kept telling me it wasn't that- then other health problems started happening. Two years, sixty pounds later and after every test they could throw at me and issues related to edema later- the doc said, "Wow, you were right..." I was offiically diagnosed peri about six weeks from my 36th birthday.

I was just relieved that I wasn't losing my mind. I don't feel upset at all with my diagnosis- but then, I was given the run-around from the docs for so long.

I was nine years old when I started my menses and when I'd tell the docs this, they'd say: "It doesn't matter when you started, it has nothing to do with menopause." I still say that goes against everything they've ever taught us growing up- "Women are born with as many eggs as they'll ever have..." and that implies if you start earlier, you'd run out of them earlier. (its just my theory, I guess).

Welcome to the forum. I wish I had some advice for you, but everyone's situation is different. Good luck at the doctor's appointment. :)

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:47 am

I started having peri- symptoms in my late thirties and am still peri at this time soooo it can be a long drawn out process, check the 35 symptoms you might be surprised (and at least informed of what to expect). I think Dee (Minnie) just stopped her periods at 41 (no real overt warnings) so things can happen pretty sporadically. Anyway welcome to the forum, check out all the feature, some grea info and good friends!!..
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby adjo » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:04 pm

to Zonnie,
It is the msot frustrating time now to deal with the onset of this dreaded time, that we knew would come someday, just not so soon.
I am like you, dealing with it very young. I was told by my past (deceased) Dr. that it is true, the younger you begin your periods, the younger you can expect your menopause. I have also been told that the amount of chemicals we ingest in our diets, (drinking from plastic water bottles, food aditives, etc.) have a direct effect on our bodies maturing at an unnatural rate. So that means our daughters will get their periods sooner yet. One last thing to consider, when did your Mom begin her change? My Dr. once again, did tell me that if my Mother started early that I would start even earlier. Also, if my Mothers was light, which it was, that I can expect mine to be as well, I didn't make that up, straight from the Doc's mouth.
Let us know what your doctor tells you after your visit.
Good luck
adjo

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause