Bitchy, witchy and itchy

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Bitchy, witchy and itchy

Postby hotandcold » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:15 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on the board and I've been hit with the dreaded pre menopausal syndrone. My older sister would always complain about hot flashes and i never could understand what she was going through up untill now. I'm 48 and haven't had a cycle in 2 months, I'm light headed, slightly dizzy, have horrible hot flashes and sleepless nights. Feel ugly, useless, oh my gosh!!. But i will keep on trucking, and I'm thankful i have found this site. The weird thing is, it happened last summer and went away all winter, it seems to only happen in the summer months. I do live in Arizona, and it's super hot in the summer. I'm wondering if living in hot climants only makes things worse. If this is the case, i'm heading for Alaska next summer... Anyone have seasonal symptoms? They come and go like spring and fall...
hotandcold

Postby greenbeens » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Hi Hotandcold!! I'm a newbie also, and already love this site!! I also live in Arizona so I am right there with you on the hot flashes/hot weather yuckies!! I'll be 47 in a month, but I still have my period, though they are kind of wonky. My flashes seem to come and go too. I have recently been experiencing itchy skin as well! Wish I could give you more advice, but I'm in the same boat so I just wanted to say "Hi and welcome!" :D
Ann

Wife to Andy since 1991
Mother to Andrew since 1995
Bounced into life in 1959!Image
greenbeens
Warm Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:34 pm

I have hot flashes in the winter, but I "feel" them more (meaning I'm completely angry and pissed off at them) in the summer. I'm also much bitchier in the heat. Today wasn't all that hot- but I was mad at the idiot drivers that were out today, so its best to stay away from me in general right now. ;)

I grew up in Alaska. What I wouldn't give to be there now! There should be Termination Dust on the mountains in Anchorage- if not already, then soon.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby KayB » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:51 pm

When I started this 2-1/2 years ago I thought I was going nuts...

I also have achy knee joints and fatigue which goes in cycles.... Thank heavens for this website, which I've passed on to many others...
KayB
Combustible

Postby Brandy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi, I too am from sunny Arizona. My past few summers have progressively gotten worse with this year being just awful. I couldn't get the a/c cold enough and coupled with my husband complaining how cold he was - ugh, waiting for cooler temps. I must admit it has gotten better since the humidity is gone. Good luck!

8)
Brandy
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause