Never feeling good, not a single day

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Never feeling good, not a single day

Postby sennaria » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:32 pm

I was amazed to print out the symptom list so I can take it to my doctor and when I marked the symptoms that I have I am at 21 out of 35 of the symptoms currently going on. No wonder I feel so blahhhhh. :P It rather eases my mind a bit.

I was wondering....please tell me there are others who like me, just go each day feeling lousy. Not always for the same reason though. But it just seems to me that not a day goes by that I feel 100% or even 85% anymore. I started displaying my first symptom probably about 2 years ago now, so I am so hopeful that maybe I'm about to be through the pre-menopausal zone and just be through with it and perhaps balance out a bit?

When I hit 35, I was at my peak I felt so good, I had a tremendous weight loss and looked good heh :D . And now, to be so the opposite, I have put on about 25 pounds and just have no esteem in my appearance at all, between not feeling good and no energy. I used to despise naps, couldn't take 'em and now, every Sunday for the last two months, (Sunday is my one day off), we go to church in the morning and by 2:00 in the afternoon I am snoozing in my bed for at least 3 hours or more, this is so unlike me.

I just want to feel good again, will it come?

Sennaria

p.s. Dee, I am just North of San Antonio :) and am expecting my second grandchild anyday in Austin! *ring phone ring*
sennaria

Postby sennaria » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:34 pm

By the way, I am now 44. :shock:

Sennaria
sennaria

Postby minniepauz » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:59 pm

Sennaria....you WILL feel good again, but it will just be "different". What I mean is, different things about your life will be better and some things won't be the same. The best thing you can do is try to appreciate the changes. for instance....isn't it great that you can take a nap when you get the urge? It used to be impossible to do that when my kids were home. :)

I know there are many things that aren't so enjoyable these days, but if we don't try to make the best of it (find the silver lining), then we may have several years of being miserable. Seriously, menopause is inevitable, but it doesn't have to be the end of a vibrant, joyful life....only if we let it get the best of us. Hang in there and enjoy those naps!! :) I do!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:36 am

Crikey! I know that feeling. I felt like death on a cracker for so long. Weight gain, fatigue, crankiness. It was an effort to just get out of bed, much less have to do all those things during the day.

But, shortly after the doctor said that I was indeed, peri- it got easier. And, I started to feel better. Then in March, I tore up my knee again. For months, I felt great, but wasn't physically able to do anything! I felt total cabin fever.

But yes, it does get easier. And you will feel good again.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby mgr » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:43 pm

I know that feeling. Each and every day I get out of bed thinking, what will it be today, anxiety, tingling, headache, etc. I don't have alot of good days. But I will say that I have in the past year gone through a couple of weeks of feeling good and then have a couple of bad weeks. I try to have a positive outlook but it's sure hard when your feeling crappy.
Hang in there!

MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby mentalpauz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:00 pm

Hi everyone! I just joined today and hope I can understand more of what I am going through. I feel like I have changed so much mentally and physically. I dont even want to live with my own self lol.. I feel so bad for my poor husband and family dealing with me. I am 44 and feel 64 with no energy physical pain all of the time BUT I am making myself go to the gym 3 times a week even if it is only for 30 minutes. This helps tremendously! I also go to a counsellor now and she gave me some good relaxation breathing CD's. Let me tell you this was another great help for me. Take 20 minutes out of your day and focus on your breathing and get a good relaxation tape and go into a room ALONE and just live in the moment and enjoy!! Good luck to you all :)
mentalpauz

Postby drjudy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:33 pm

20 minutes alone is heaven indeed. Welcome to the forum!

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:36 pm

Welcome to our little corner of the world, mentalpauz! :) You will find that things are not quite so bad once you realize that you're not out there all alone! Great tip about the breathing and taking time for yourself! Thanks for sharing!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby cin-d-rella » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:03 am

Hi 'Mentalpauz',

Welcome and if you stay around here long enough, you will see we become kindred spirits with a common thread running through...........we are ALL crazy sometimes and we are all here for each other and the humour !!
BTW.......my parents and aunt, uncle and a close friend all live in Lethbridge. It is a beautiful city. I spent a lot of time visiting Grandma while I was a child.
Cheers to you................Cin-d-rella.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:07 am

Oh and one more ting to you 'Mental P.'.

Sometimes I have days where ALL I can do is one thing; be it making dinner, doing a load of laundry, or pushing buttons on the remote. I am 47 and most days feel soemwhere in my late 50's. Can you convince me to get my butt to the gym ?? Cin-d-rella.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby fiona » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:10 am

Hi Everyone :) I relate to this topic. Isn't it something how hormones or lack of can change us. I've had about 3 years of no energy, hotflashes, nightsweats and basically no zest for life. I try everyday to count my blessings and I have many. I used to post on here more, but then the overwhelming fatigue hit and I had no desire to do anything...I could read the posts, but had no energy to type anything. Even the good old cup of coffee quit working. I've tried vitamins, herbs, soy, nothing seemed to help. I will say my brain fog is clearing a bit, and I'm trying to keep stresses at a safe distance, because I've learned that stress triggers all the menopausal symtoms to get worse. I would say that I'm at a stage now that I'm cleaning the closet of life. I don't let people hurt me as much, and I stay away from the toxic people. I focus more on doing what I want..not always being the "people pleaser" that has sometimes made me miserable. I'm still giving but not to an extreme. Through all the physical stuff of menopause, I do think that the one thing positive about it is..it lets us be free to be ourselves..does that make sense??

I've had one period this year..so I guess the end is near..but with it more fatigue. I limit my tasks..I make priorities and some things go undone..like right now I see many cobwebs staring at me, and walls that need painted, carpets that need shampoed..oh, just so many things. I know that someday, the hormones will balance out, and maybe all of us will get a little spunk back. I suppose it won't ever be like it was when we were younger, but hopefully we will feel better...even get those cobwebs cleared away :)

It's good to post again.....I have catching up to do.

Have a good Sunday!

(((((Hugs))))) Fiona
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Postby colopam » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:59 am

Fiona

Wonderful to "see" you back. I hope things start to even out for you. Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby fiona » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:20 pm

(((((Pam))))) good to be back! I'm going to browse all the topics today and catch up.

Fiona
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:41 pm

Excellent post fiona, and I want to encourage everyone to push themselves a little to tell the others what you've gone through. It helps SO much!

Ladies, this is why it's called the "change of life".

My advice is to realize that it won't last forever, but it also won't just go away without some effort on your part. I have gotten through so many years of depression and weight gain and feeling useless because of a couple of things....one is my passion and interest in my business and the other is staying connected to other women going through the same things. Only they understand.

You may not have a business, but I encourage you to find something to stay focused on that challenges you.....even if it's games on the computer! That still requires you to be present and keeps your mind active. I do one called Text Twist on yahoo games because it makes me think (making words out of jumbled letters).

Let's keep our chins up Ladies!! (literally for me!)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby cin-d-rella » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:34 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhh,

Literally I can make it through another day (WITH my chin up :wink: ), having read these posts.........somedays you just need a reason to feel o.k..........even though, like one of you said, we have so many blessings.
Thanks again, Luv Cin-d-rella.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause