Apple Cider Vinegar may relieve hot flashes???

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Apple Cider Vinegar may relieve hot flashes???

Postby hotandcold » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:45 pm

Hi,

While online looking for home remedies I ran across some information about Apple Cider Vinegar. Has anyone heard or tried Apple Cider Vinegar to relieve hot flashes?
hotandcold

Postby colopam » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:12 am

It seems that I've heard that apple cider vinegar can do ANYTHING!!! and EVERYTHING!! I don't know if there have ever been any studies on all it's attributes but it probably can't hurt!!

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby drjudy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:17 am

I had a patient who swore by vinegar for joint pain. I tried to down a spoonful and nearly choked. Yuck!

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby hotandcold » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:08 pm

Judy,

You should delute it with juice, or tea & honey...LOL, I don't mean to laugh, but i don't think anyone can endure taking a teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar...by itself :D yuck is right lol

I tried one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with tea & honey. It wasn't too bad. You can barely taste it in orange juice or apple cider. I'm going to try and take it twice a day and i will keep you all posted and let you know if it helped my hot flashes... :wink:

Hot flashes be gone!!!!! :lol:
hotandcold

Postby sennaria » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:13 pm

I remember as a young girl my grandma always had a tiny carafe of honey and one of vinegar on her kitchen table and I remember she took a spoonful a day of each, I guess in tea, I'm not sure, I don't think I ever actually saw her doing it. However, I also know, that she never went to the doctor or was sick and never saw her having hot flashes either....boy I wish I'dve followed her example :P

Sennaria
sennaria

Postby snoopy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:26 pm

well after these last few days I will TRY anything!!! :roll:
I want to weigh what I used to weigh back when I thought I WAS FAT!
snoopy
Combustible

Postby hotandcold » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:59 pm

I'm using the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, that's not distilled or pasterized... You can buy it in your grocers health food section, or a health store. One teaspoon in the morning with my tea & honey and one in the evening.. not to jump the gun or speak to soon, but today I felt better than i have in a while and only experienced two mild hot flashes... :oops: I've been on the vinegar for a couple of days... :lol: I hope this remedy works... I'll post more later...
hotandcold

Postby hotandcold » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:00 pm

Day 5 and I've slept through the night without a hot flash. Only one real mild one today.... My dizziness is gone... I don't know what to think. I'm not sure if it's the Apple Cider vinegar or not, but I'm gonna keep taking it for a while....

:P Hotandcold :wink:
hotandcold

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause